Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Sticky tooltip

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JCo Posted - Nov 18 2004 : 02:49:59 AM
I am basically reposting an old problem (http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2451&SearchTerms=tool).

I am still experiencing the following: while debugging the type info tooltip of VAX (last tested build was 1287) always hides the debuggers tooltip with the variables content. I am using VC 6.0 SP5. This is happening with every build since 1239, so I am stuck with build 1233 for ages. I would be really happy if you could fix it.

Thank you
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - Apr 02 2009 : 1:54:38 PM
Yes, it is annoying. It is unrelated to the previous posts in this thread. I've opened a new case for it.
case=25636
Damir Posted - Apr 02 2009 : 1:21:09 PM
The bug still exists even in most recent build (1715) on VC6, VS2008, Windows XP and Windows Vista 64bit. It's been consistently present throughout many years, randomly appearing every now and then.

Sometimes VA tooltip would show up while I'm another application has focus. After that the tooltip gets stuck on screen. It disappears only if I click on it, in which case Visual Studio window automatically brings itself to foreground.

It's been around for many years now. It's not that big of a deal, but gets annoying at times when you really need to keep another app in foreground, but tooltip obscures portions of the window.
support Posted - Jan 19 2006 : 12:58:20 AM
Case 454 fixed in 1440.
feline Posted - Dec 16 2005 : 6:20:11 PM
strange, you should not have had any evaluation problems with that history.
it is good to know that you have found a work around, even if it is not ideal.
JCo Posted - Dec 16 2005 : 03:59:55 AM
Hello,
thanks for the answer, if I am going to re-evaluate build 14xx again I will contact you beforehand. For now I continue using build 1299.
The only thing that is confusing me: I have never tried a version that wasn't covered by my license before. The last version I installed before 1435 was 1287. I just reverted always back to build 1233.
The priority of the original problem is not so high for me anymore since I have unchecked the option "Auto type info" in the "C/C++ 6.0" area and I am now getting used to that.
Regards
feline Posted - Dec 15 2005 : 5:33:07 PM
apologies for not getting back to you more quickly, things have been very busy for me. i have upped the priority on this case, hopefully this will help. for what it is worth there are a reasonable number of outstanding bugs to address, so it is sometimes difficult to prioritise them.

you should get a 1 month trial of the new version of VA, but if you have previously tried a trial then next time around you do only get a 3 day trial. this is to try and avoid people running forever in trial mode.

if you want to re-try a trial of 14xx once this bug has been fixed support can email you a new trial key that will give you a full length trial.

having said that, the IDE should not crash. if you find yourself in this position again do post and i will do what i can to help pin down what is going wrong and why.
JCo Posted - Dec 15 2005 : 03:54:17 AM
Hello,
after three days of testing the new Version has timed out and wants a new key. I think an evaluation period of just three days for such a product is a joke. On top of that, if I press cancel it also crashes my MSDEV.EXE after saying that it's loaded "dormant". I am very unhappy about this and are now going to revert to my old version and licence. I think I will not evaluate any new versions past build 1299 for a while.
Regards
JCo Posted - Dec 12 2005 : 11:34:44 AM
Hello,
today I felt lucky and tried the newest build 1435, but the problem still exists. Any chance that this will be fixed at all?
Thank you
feline Posted - Feb 06 2005 : 1:41:44 PM
no progress is listed on the case, but it is down to be looked at some time soon. unfortunatly i cannot give you any firm idea of when this will be.

peterchen are you also using VC6?
peterchen Posted - Feb 04 2005 : 08:55:48 AM
reporting another german IDE with the sample problem :)
JCo Posted - Feb 03 2005 : 03:47:36 AM
Hello,
any news for this topic? I am still stuck with build 1233 which makes me not exactly happy.
Regards
WannabeeDeveloper Posted - Nov 18 2004 : 03:25:46 AM

case=454
WannabeeDeveloper Posted - Nov 18 2004 : 03:12:54 AM
Another Thread (including Screenshots showing those Tooltips hiding the "more interesting" Tooltips behind them) is
this one:
http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3137

Seems interesting that JCo is from Germany, too...
Maybe it's a "localized IDE" Problem?

Does anybody have these Tooltips (during debugging) with an english IDE?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000