Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 ATL Macro coloring

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SaloS Posted - Dec 09 2005 : 05:22:58 AM
I have installed Visual Assist X and note one issue. Visual Assist is not coloring ATL macros like BEGIN_MSG_MAP, END_MSG_MAP however WTL macros are colored correct.

VA_X.dll file version 10.2.1434.0 built 2005.11.25
VAOpsWin.dll version 1.3.3.0
VATE.dll version 1.0.4.2
DevEnv.exe version 7.10.3077.0
msenv.dll version 7.10.3077.0
Font: Courier New 13(Pixels)
Comctl32.dll version 5.82.2900.2180
WindowsNT 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2
2 processors

Platform: Win32
Stable Includes:
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\\Vc7\\include;
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\\Vc7\\atlmfc\\include;
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\\Vc7\\PlatformSDK\\include\\prerelease;
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\\Vc7\\PlatformSDK\\include;
C:\\wtl75\\include;
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\\SDK\\v1.1\\include;

Library Includes:
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\\Vc7\\atlmfc\\src\\mfc;
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\\Vc7\\atlmfc\\src\\atl;
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\\Vc7\\crt\\src;

Other Includes:

9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - May 31 2007 : 01:00:23 AM
case=928 is fixed in 1557
feline Posted - Dec 21 2005 : 4:44:36 PM
the colouring should be covered by

case=925

for some reason the colouring problems you are seeing with BEGIN_MSG_MAP and the other items are only showing up on one of my two test systems, even though i have the same IDE and version of VA on both *sigh*
SaloS Posted - Dec 21 2005 : 04:14:05 AM
What about coloring
I made a few screenshots of file atlwin.h. Images with suffix 'a' are clear images and with suffix 'b' are images with my marks. In the zip archive
http://salos.at.tut.by/VA.ZIP
you can find images and readme.txt file which containes my comments.
Probably It helps you to fix coloring
feline Posted - Dec 19 2005 : 6:11:12 PM
i have logged the alt-g problem. i was hoping that VAView might be a workaround for you, but apparently it is not a successful one.

i will check out what VAView shows in the next couple of days, and see if i can reproduce this.
SaloS Posted - Dec 19 2005 : 09:18:20 AM
I turn on VA View and it shows methods, but double click on function takes me only to correct file but not function.
Testing VA View I found another issue. When I hover on m_CmdBar on line 31 file mainfrm.cpp (see previous test project)
VA View shows information about HWND, but if I hover on the same variable on lines 33 or 35 it shows information about class CMainFrame ( and highlight this variable). Very strange.
Anyway I don't think that VA View is useful. I think I will not use it in future. So I would like to use Alt-G without VA View
feline Posted - Dec 17 2005 : 6:05:57 PM
reproduced with your test project. if you show and use VA View and then hover over the function CreateEx() this function is highlighted in VA View. some times double clicking on this in VA View takes me to the function, and sometimes it only takes me to the correct file. this is worth trying to see if it helps you. sometimes after doing this alt-g works correctly, but this is fairly random for me.

case=928
SaloS Posted - Dec 13 2005 : 01:14:37 AM
I found one thing that can helps you. I created new project and in it everything is ok, however in the old one problem still is. Probably it will be useful.
Example you can download here
http://salos.at.tut.by/wtl2.zip
It uses wtl what you can download from
http://wtl.sourceforge.net/

On this picture you can see correct description of base class and function (function is selected by keyboard cursor) in the top toolbar however ALT-G doesn't work in both projects (where coloring works and not)
feline Posted - Dec 12 2005 : 4:37:04 PM
can you open the file:

C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\\Vc7\\atlmfc\\include\\atlwin.h

and jump to line 2256. this is the definition of BEGIN_MSG_MAP. on one machine this is correctly coloured as a macro, while on a second machine this is coloured as a function. even when i am seeing this coloured as a function most #define's in this file are coloured correctly.

case=925

as for the problem with alt-g, can you give me some examples? knowing nothing about ATL i have downloaded the source code from this article:

http://www.codeproject.com/atl/ietoolbartutorial.asp

and opened it in VS2003. alt-g seems to be working fine for me, apart from it not working on BEGIN_MSG_MAP, which is probably related to the colouring problem.
SaloS Posted - Dec 12 2005 : 01:41:54 AM
I've noticed more. There is very big problem with ATL. Button "Go" doesn't work for ATL classes and functions too.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000