Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 1438 Context combobox behaves strange

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SvenC Posted - Dec 29 2005 : 02:52:40 AM
Hi,

like Uniwares before I see some numbers and keywords when I drop down the context combobox. Like so:

HypExtImpl.DoCommand-22.if-100.for-203.if-301.if-400.if-500.propTags
HypExtImpl.OnSelectionChange-23.for-101.else-201.else-301.propTags

The second thing is that the size of the combobox dropdown area is varying with almost every build. I am using a dual monitor setup and this time the drop down box is so wide that it is leaving my primary monitor where Visual C++ 6 is maximized. The width of the combobox is a about 100 pixels greater than the width of the primary monitor (1600*1200, secondary docks to the top, right corner with 1152*864 pixels.
In earlier builds the drop down kept displaying as big as possible on the same monitor the IDE is displayed on - I prefer that.

I made sure that the width of the drop down is not as wide as the longest function declaration: I have declarations which are still clipped, so while long declarations do make the drop down box wider it does not seem to drive the computation of the width (or maxiumum width) alone.

This behaviour is the same for VS6, VS2003 and VS2005

Bye,
SvenC
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Jun 19 2006 : 5:50:58 PM
Fixed in build 1524:

Enums defined inside functions no longer appear in Alt+M lists. (case=946)
support Posted - Mar 07 2006 : 6:39:28 PM
Alt+M list restricted to a single monitor in build 1442.
feline Posted - Jan 29 2006 : 7:31:29 PM
apologies for the long delay on getting back to you about this. things have been rather busy for me. i see the same thing you describe on a dual monitor system

case=977
feline Posted - Jan 04 2006 : 6:15:36 PM
structures or enum's inside functions showing up with numbered items in the alt-m list

case=946

i have tried several versions, and for me the alt-m list goes off the side of the screen even in 1420, the earliest version of VA i have that puts the parameters in the list.

i will try and remember to check this out on a dual monitor system tomorrow.
SvenC Posted - Jan 02 2006 : 09:44:53 AM
Hi feline,

thats true with the enums. All those number entries point to enums or structs defined inside of functions.

I don't remember the "version to combo box dropdown width mapping". I just recognized that the width of the combo box dropdown changed with different versions. I didn't report this earlier as it is only a minor problem. Is the dev team able to reproduce the behaviour. If it helps I could go back to an older version but if your dropdown is also too wide I would expect that it is reproducable for the dev team also.

Bye,
SvenC
feline Posted - Dec 30 2005 : 12:41:27 PM
interesting. if you select one of the items in the alt-m list with numbers in its name what are you taken to? i have recently noticed that enum's defined inside functions show up in the context list with numbers in their names.

for the width of this list, can you suggest a build that was not so wide? in 1418 the function parameters are not listed at all, while i can (apparently) get the list to go past the edge of my monitor in 1438. i only have a single monitor on this computer, so it is tricky to test exactly what it is doing.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000