Whole Tomato Software Forums
Whole Tomato Software Forums
Main Site | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Function parameter completion not working?

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dvantonder Posted - Jan 03 2006 : 02:29:22 AM
I'm using VS.Net 2003, English.

VA_X.dll file version 10.2.1438.0 built 2005.12.16
VAOpsWin.dll version 1.3.1.9
VATE.dll version 1.0.4.11
DevEnv.exe version 7.10.3077.0
msenv.dll version 1.0.5849.1
Font: Courier New 12(Pixels)
Comctl32.dll version 5.82.2800.1106
WindowsNT 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1
2 processors
Platform: Win32

In the past when I was using VA it seemed to always pop up a nice box showing you the various parameters of a function when you typed the opening bracket after the function name, and it would make the current param you were editing bold. This was a lovely feature!

However in the last few builds VA has stopped doing this, which is a real pity as it's very useful.

Some odd things I've noticed:

In Visual Studio's Tools | Options | Text Editor | C/C++ tab, all of the options under "Statement Completion" are permanently greyed out and disabled :( I read elsewhere that these have to be turned on for VA's completion to work with function arguments - is that correct?

They're enabled and clickable for every language except C++.

Does this have anything to do with the Browse Information (.BSC file) option for C++ projects in VS.Net?

Any idea what's wrong here?

2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
dvantonder Posted - Jan 04 2006 : 02:16:45 AM
quote:
Originally posted by support

Your assumption is correct -- "Auto Parameter Info" must be enabled if you want parameter info.

We are not sure why your options are grayed out. We are unable to reproduce the anomaly.

Look at the options after you start VS.NET but prior to opening a project. If okay, maybe deleting the NCB file(s) of your project(s) helps.

Reinstalling VS 2003 fixed the problem :)

Takes a while though!
support Posted - Jan 03 2006 : 1:29:35 PM
Your assumption is correct -- "Auto Parameter Info" must be enabled if you want parameter info.

We are not sure why your options are grayed out. We are unable to reproduce the anomaly.

Look at the options after you start VS.NET but prior to opening a project. If okay, maybe deleting the NCB file(s) of your project(s) helps.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000