Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Intellisense problem

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
wombel Posted - Jan 18 2006 : 09:23:08 AM
Hi,

I have one strange problem I already mentioned here before. At that time it was just specific to aspx files, now I whitness the same problem in my web.config.

I made a short movie to show the error: http://www.zalot.de/VisualAssistError.avi

Hope you can see everything that happens. Can you give me any assistance there?

TIA
Wombel
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jan 22 2006 : 2:25:33 PM
using VS2005 and VA 1440 i have just created a new website of type "ASP.NET Web Site" with the language set to "Visual Basic".

opening the "web.config" file in the IDE i still cannot reproduce this problem. the only obvious difference is that when i create a new project and open this file there is already quite a lot of text in it, while i am seeing a fair bit of white space in your movie. i am wondering if the initial content of the file could somehow be relevant.

do you have the time to try creating a new website of the same type as me and see if you can reproduce the problem? the other thing to try is upgrading to VA 1440 and see if that makes a difference.
wombel Posted - Jan 20 2006 : 02:56:15 AM
I use a web project (asp.net 2.0)
VS 2005
VA_X.dll file version 10.2.1438.0 built 2005.12.16

VAssistX
VA.NET 7.1:
VAOpsWin.dll version 1.3.1.9
VATE.dll version 1.0.4.11
DevEnv.exe version 8.0.50727.42
msenv.dll version 8.0.50727.42
Font: Courier New 13(Pixels)
Comctl32.dll version 6.0.2900.2180
WindowsNT 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2
2 processors

Platform: Win32
Stable Includes:
c:\\programme\\microsoft visual studio .net 2003\\sdk\\v1.1\\include;

Library Includes:
c:\\programme\\microsoft visual studio .net 2003\\sdk\\v1.1\\include;

Other Includes:

feline Posted - Jan 19 2006 : 4:06:27 PM
i have found this previous thread http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3795

i have setup a new test system since then, and now have IIS working, thankfully. using a C# personal website "project" i created in VS2005 with VA 1438 running there is a "web.config" file. typing the same block of XML as shown in your movie i get the correct suggestion which is accepted and inserted perfectly with VA enabled.

after upgrading the machine to VA 1440 and using the same project the suggestions and inserting of the selected text still works perfectly with VA enabled.

which type of project are you using? which version of the IDE (it looks just like 2005) and VA are you using?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000