Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Problems in VS2005

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
spiff Posted - Jan 21 2006 : 6:35:00 PM
Using VAX 10.2.1438.0, VS 2005, C++, and Trolltech Qt 4.1. There seems to be problems with getting VAX to resolve the Qt library classes. The problem might be how the Qt header files are organized.

For example:
#include <QHeaderView>

which contains:
#include "qheaderview.h"

which contains:
#include "../../src/gui/itemviews/qheaderview.h"

If I #include <qheaderview.h>, which is in .../src/gui/itemviews, then VAX correctly handles my usage of the QHeaderView class. The same is also true if I open <qheaderview.h> and use the VAX "Reparse Current File" option.

It doesn't appear to be a path problem. VAX knows where all of the #include files are; I can click on the #include statement in each of the files and use Alt+G to open the files.

I have tried using the "Rebuild Symbol databases" and "Clear History, cache and temporary files" options, but they do not have any affect. In fact, when opening my solution in VS, I don't see any messages in the status bar indicating VAX is parsing the Qt headers. I see it parsing the headers from my projects, but not Qt's.

Lastly, I have tried adding the Qt directories to the "Stable include files" and "Other include files" lists on the C/C++ Directories tab. This had no affect.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
spiff Posted - Jan 22 2006 : 5:17:46 PM
Thanks. I did that and the directories do show up in the Win32 list. However, doing the Rebuild did not seem to process the directories. I manually deleted most of the *.tmp and *.idx files in the ...\\Visual Assist X\\vc8 directory and all the files in the "...\\Visual Assist X\\vc8\\cache" directory. After doing that, VAX reparsed all of the files when I restarted VS and loaded my solution.

Bottom line is that it's working now. Thanks.
feline Posted - Jan 22 2006 : 2:44:22 PM
the best way of telling VA about the Qt include directories is to use IDE tools menu -> options -> projects -> VC++ directories -> show directories for include files

and add the directories to this list. can you try adding all of the directories:

%QTDIR%
%QTDIR%\\include
%QTDIR%\\include\\ActiveQt
%QTDIR%\\include\\Qt
%QTDIR%\\include\\Qt3Support
%QTDIR%\\include\\QtAssistant
%QTDIR%\\include\\QtCore
%QTDIR%\\include\\QtDesigner
%QTDIR%\\include\\QtGui
%QTDIR%\\include\\QtNetwork
%QTDIR%\\include\\QtNsPlugin
%QTDIR%\\include\\QtOpenGL
%QTDIR%\\include\\QtSql
%QTDIR%\\include\\QtXml

to this list. this assumes that you have the environment variable QTDIR set to the appropriate base directory. once you have added these directories they will show up in VA's directory list in the Win32 list, so there is no need to use the custom list.

i have seen VA working with Qt 4, so you should not be having these problems.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000