Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 shared_ptr not parsed

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
_novice Posted - Feb 14 2006 : 03:01:19 AM

VA_X.dll file version 10.2.1440.0 built 2006.01.17
Licensed to:
VA X:
VAOpsWin.dll version 1.3.2.0
VATE.dll version 1.0.4.12
DevEnv.exe version 8.0.50727.42
msenv.dll version 8.0.50727.42
Font: Courier New 13(Pixels)
Comctl32.dll version 6.0.2900.2180
WindowsNT 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2
Single processor

Platform: Win32
Stable Includes:
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\\VC\\include;
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\\VC\\atlmfc\\include;
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\\VC\\PlatformSDK\\include;
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\\SDK\\v2.0\\include;
D:\\Libs;
c:\\Boost\\include\\boost-1_33_1;

Library Includes:
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\\VC\\atlmfc\\src\\mfc;
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\\VC\\atlmfc\\src\\mfcm;
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\\VC\\atlmfc\\src\\atl;
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\\VC\\crt\\src;

Other Includes:

---------------------
Update: After some time the error seems to fade away until some minor code changes :-(. Anyway, when using VAssistX->Goto Implementation instead of moving to class declaration, it VA suggests a list of constuctors:
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Mar 12 2006 : 6:47:15 PM
_novice do you have:

VA Options -> text editor -> listboxes -> guess contents if unknown

turned on? turning this off fixes the underlining problem for shared_ptr i was able to reproduce as a limited user. can you export your VA settings:

VA Options -> Performance -> General -> Export Settings

and email me the resulting file? i can then import it and see if this makes a difference.
feline Posted - Feb 21 2006 : 6:14:06 PM
*sigh* i have followed your steps to the letter using VS2005 C++ and VA 1440. i do not get the underlining problem you are getting. i have added a dummy variable just to check, and that is being underlined, but the function is not.

using alt-g on shared_ptr in the line;

shared_ptr<CustomClassName> pCl;

is producing a longer list, but it still has the correct file in it. you can see most of the entered code in this screen shot, which is the same as yours:

i am going to email you via the forum, if you reply to that with your test project as a zip file i will try it here. it is a long shot, but this may get us a bit further forwards.

as for intellisense - i have used the less brutal method of creating two zero length read only ncb files. one goes in the project base directory and the other goes in the %TEMP% directory. i have found VS2005's C++ intellisense to be insanely CPU hungry.

however i have not disabled intellisense in this test, not that this should matter. i have set VA to ignore default intellisense.
_novice Posted - Feb 20 2006 : 03:05:55 AM

1. Created empty console application;
2. Added main.cpp file;
3. Wrote the code on screenshot;
4. Compiled.

Notice: using boost::shared_ptr instead of using namespace boost;
When using alt-G - VA suggests any file except shared_ptr.hpp (4 files in my situation).
typing -> doesn't show popup window with methods suggestions, and, as you see, method name is underlined.

Also: I renamed dll according to some post on forum to disable IntelliSense. But the problem with Visual Assist seemed to appear in both situations. How should I check IntelliSense doesn't work?
feline Posted - Feb 19 2006 : 09:22:24 AM
i see the same thing with the class My. on my system My is shown in italics, suggesting that this is an existing class name that VA is picking up, which is confusing the issue. changing the name of the test class to "FelineTest" fixes the alt-g problem for me. so i have the code:

class FelineTest
{
public:
    void f() {}
};

int _tmain(int argc, _TCHAR* argv[])
{
    shared_ptr<FelineTest> pMy;
    pMy->f();

return 0;
}

and now alt-g works perfectly. i still am not seeing any underlining problems with shared_ptr, and alt-g on shared_ptr gives me two items in the popup menu, "shared_ptr.hpp" and "shared_ptr_nmt.hpp"

what are you now getting for alt-g on shared_ptr? something odd is going on here, but i am not sure what the cause is.
_novice Posted - Feb 17 2006 : 07:15:34 AM
Also, when using shared_ptr<My> where class My has some function void f(), VA can't locate this method when calling Goto Implementation:

// ...
// includes and using here

class My
{
public:
void f() {}
};

int main( void )
{
shared_ptr<My> pMy;
pMy->f();
}
feline Posted - Feb 16 2006 : 5:26:20 PM
i did indeed mean stable symbols in italic. now that this is in italics is it still being underlined? i am not seeing anything here to explain why you are having problems with this *puzzled*
_novice Posted - Feb 15 2006 : 02:54:59 AM
quote:
Originally posted by feline

this is odd. using VS2005, VA 1440, Boost 1.33.1 and a C++ command line program i cannot reproduce this problem.

first step, have you restarted the IDE since adding boost to your stable includes list?

I've been working on my project for more than 2 weeks now in VS2005. And, of course, I've been restarting IDE many times.

quote:

when you type the #include line does VA suggest the directory name "boost"? if so, does it suggest the header file "shared_ptr.hpp" ? it did both in my tests.

Yes, include suggesting works normally.

quote:

if you turn on

VA Options -> Environment -> Fonts and Colors -> Static symbols in Italic

does this make any difference? i have both "boost::shared_ptr" on the using line and the class name shared_ptr in italic.

Did you mean "stable symbols in italic"? It makes difference for other classes (like string, list), not for shared_ptr.
Upd: it is now in italics. Maybe it's because I did system restart.
Upd2: image attached

quote:

i am guessing this is a configuration problem, but it is not obvious why. what is the full path of the file "shared_ptr.hpp" on your machine? i am interested in how this compares with your stable directory "c:\\Boost\\include\\boost-1_33_1"

Full path is:
C:\\Boost\\include\\boost-1_33_1\\boost\\shared_ptr.hpp
feline Posted - Feb 14 2006 : 3:37:23 PM
this is odd. using VS2005, VA 1440, Boost 1.33.1 and a C++ command line program i cannot reproduce this problem.

first step, have you restarted the IDE since adding boost to your stable includes list?
when you type the #include line does VA suggest the directory name "boost"? if so, does it suggest the header file "shared_ptr.hpp" ? it did both in my tests.

if you turn on

VA Options -> Environment -> Fonts and Colors -> Static symbols in Italic

does this make any difference? i have both "boost::shared_ptr" on the using line and the class name shared_ptr in italic.

i am guessing this is a configuration problem, but it is not obvious why. what is the full path of the file "shared_ptr.hpp" on your machine? i am interested in how this compares with your stable directory "c:\\Boost\\include\\boost-1_33_1"

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000