Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Handle count going up and up and up

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jasonshortphd Posted - Feb 14 2006 : 2:08:46 PM
I am using 10.2.1440.0 with VS 2003 and 2005.
I have noticed that if I use VS for days (sometimes I don't close the IDE for weeks when working on the same project) the GUI will eventually lock up. Everytime that has happened the handle count for the dev app is 30,000+. Sounds like a handle leak.

To test my theory I disabled VA and ran my app like normal (debugging and working on code). After 1 hour the handle count was 637.

Turned back on VA and did the same (not the exact same work, but some types of things in same project). The handle count was 2,800. Sounds like it is VAX.

Anyone else seen this?
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jasonshortphd Posted - Jul 12 2006 : 8:41:14 PM
I have been running the 15xx builds for about two weeks and can say that the handle problem does indeed appear to be fixed. I just updated the to 1530 version and no problems with handles at all.
support Posted - Jun 21 2006 : 10:30:37 AM
We think it is safe to run our software on production systems since it's used only during editing. We have no components involved during runtime.

Beta builds, as all other builds, run for a few days if your support has expired -- sort of mini-trial periods. Otherwise, you can run any build generated during your term of support, and run forever if you choose.

Check the date of your expiration in the About node of our options dialog. Compare it with the build dates from our history page.

http://www.wholetomato.com/support/history.html

We do not yet have a date for making a 15xx build a general release.
jasonshortphd Posted - Jun 21 2006 : 09:06:32 AM
Is it safe to run these beta builds on a production system? Do they expire? Any idea when this fix will be merged into the mainline release?

Thanks.
feline Posted - Jun 20 2006 : 4:57:03 PM
alternatively check out the announcements section of the forum

http://www.wholetomato.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=18
rhummer Posted - Jun 20 2006 : 1:44:55 PM
http://www.wholetomato.com/support/history.html

It's listed there as the first build, the download page only shows the latest stable release and doesn't show beta builds ;)
jasonshortphd Posted - Jun 20 2006 : 1:13:52 PM
What build is that? I could not find it on the site. 1446 is the one on the site.
support Posted - Jun 19 2006 : 5:45:22 PM
Fixed in build 1524:

Eliminated handle leak. (case=993)
wilstark Posted - May 09 2006 : 4:28:51 PM
Oops. Sorry. It does say that will be fixed in the next beta here: http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4522
wilstark Posted - May 09 2006 : 4:27:06 PM
Can anyone at Whole Tomato say when this handle leak issue will be resolved? The next release? Within 2 months? Never? I'm very interested in seeing this issue fixed.
feline Posted - Feb 16 2006 : 4:41:29 PM
i have checked, and the handle count keeps on going up for me as well

case=993
jasonshortphd Posted - Feb 14 2006 : 5:09:41 PM
Yes, I always have the Task Manager open for my own apps.
feline Posted - Feb 14 2006 : 3:42:24 PM
are you simply using task manager to track the number of handles, or some other program? this does not sound familiar to me, but i will run some tests myself and see what results i get.

do you have any other plugin's installed? your results are quite suggestive, but it is always worth asking, since sometimes multiple plugin's interact with each other and cause problems.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000