Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Need help. A problem about Enhanced Syntax Color

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
speedfirst Posted - Feb 16 2006 : 05:00:31 AM
Hi. I'm using VAX Version 1418 on VS.Net 2003 with Windows XP Professional. It's absolutely wired that Enhanced Syntax Coloring doesn't work in the main editor of VS. But it works in other places, such as tips, Intellisense, suggestion lists and so on.

What is the problem? Thanks a lot.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Feb 19 2006 : 09:32:29 AM
i would not have expected a patched dll to have quite that effect, but then again, patching dll's does sound a bit hit and miss to me. i am happy you have found a solution
speedfirst Posted - Feb 19 2006 : 09:06:14 AM
thanks, I change to StyleXP, and everything looks fine. Maybe, the cracked Uxtheme.dll is the fatal reason.
feline Posted - Feb 19 2006 : 09:00:32 AM
i run VAX with VS2003 and Window Blinds installed without any problems, i have for years.

http://www.stardock.com/products/windowblinds/downloads.asp
http://www.wincustomize.com/Skins.aspx?LibID=1

i am still running Window Blinds version 4, so i cannot comment on version 5, but i would expect it to co-exist with VA quite happily.
support Posted - Feb 17 2006 : 01:12:53 AM
No other suggestions.
speedfirst Posted - Feb 16 2006 : 9:59:26 PM
I got the problem. The reason is that I use a windows theme. After restoring to Windows's default theme, everything is OK. VAX seems not support other themes with a cracked Uxtheme.dll which provide support for advance themes.
Any more suggestions?
speedfirst Posted - Feb 16 2006 : 7:59:08 PM
I turn this function on. And the default button you mentioned does nothing useful. Bad luck.

Besides VAX, I didn't install any other plugin for VS.Net 2003. Is it possible that external program will affect VAX?

Image1: main editor is in normal color

Image2: enhanced syntax color in Intellisense and VA View
feline Posted - Feb 16 2006 : 5:31:16 PM
silly question first, do you have this turned off? check

VA Options -> Environment -> Fonts and Colors -> Apply Colouring to -> Source Windows

if this is turned off, but the others are turned on you will get this effect.

if this is turned on, can you try IDE tools menu -> options -> fonts and colours -> use defaults button
very occasionally this is required before the syntax highlighting starts working in the editor.

if neither helps are you using a dark background in the editor? doing anything else "odd"? any other plugin's installed?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000