Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 function call switch and completion

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
daThomas Posted - Feb 20 2006 : 03:32:15 AM
Hi,

i am not sure if that feature exists and is disabled at my system or if it was from another tool. What i miss in VAX is, that the tool shows me the signature of the actual function during writing the function call. A shortcut to toggle between different signatures would be cool, too.

an example:

somewhere in a header file we have included:

class MyClass
{
functionA(int a, int b);
functionA(double c);
}

somewhere in the code:

MyClass c;

c.functionA(_ <- now there should be an information, that there are two possible functions. The first one should be visible somewhere, the second one available with Ctrl+Up/Down for example.
This feature (without the shortcut) is already implemented when clicking on the function itself but not while typing the arguments.

Any hints?

Thanks,
Thomas

6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
daThomas Posted - Feb 22 2006 : 08:01:08 AM
thanks a lot! Now everything works fine.
support Posted - Feb 21 2006 : 5:45:14 PM
Enable "Auto parameter info" in the IDE options dialog. It's likely disabled for C/C++.
daThomas Posted - Feb 21 2006 : 02:49:47 AM
I think that that worked for me, too. But now, the lsit of protos does not appear until i press ctrl+shift+space. And it is not updated either. The trick with deleting the opening brace doesn't work, too.

Any other suggestions?
jasonshortphd Posted - Feb 20 2006 : 1:52:21 PM
quote:
Originally posted by daThomas

Cool!

I only see "[1 of 2] ...". How can i always display this tooltip automatically?

You can press down arrow to cycle through 1/2 2/2 right? I don't know how you would get it to always show up though.

If I am on a function and want to know if there are other protos for it I delete the opening ( and re-type it... Then they all show up again. Not pretty, but it works.
daThomas Posted - Feb 20 2006 : 11:22:58 AM
Cool!

ctrl+shift+space displays the signature with the actual parameter. Is there a possibility to display the other signatures available? I only see "[1 of 2] ...". How can i always display this tooltip automatically?

thanks!
bugfix Posted - Feb 20 2006 : 11:12:55 AM
No idea if its VAX or VS itself but try ctrl+shift+space.

-bugfix

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000