Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Function definitions not found

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
wesbigelow Posted - Feb 23 2006 : 8:59:28 PM
(VS6 SP5, VA 1440)

We are unable to go to many of our function definitions by pressing Alt+G (although it does find some of them). It does however correctly find function declarations in header files.

The workaround is to manually add the directory containing the source file that has the function definition to Visual Assist X Options->C/C++ Directories/Source. Then it works correctly. These source files are already included in projects in the workspace, so I consider this a bug.

Thank you,
Wes Bigelow
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Feb 26 2006 : 09:25:40 AM
if you use OFIW (ALT-SHIFT-O) does this list both the cpp and .h file for one of these problem cases? it is almost as if VA does not know about the cpp files.

when you use alt-g to go to a function and it only offers you / goes to the .h file, if you then press alt-g a second time, before you move the caret, does anything happen? this should take you to the cpp file and function body.

if that does nothing, what happens if you move the caret into the function name and then try alt-g?

is there anything obvious that distinguishes the functions where alt-g can find the bodies from the functions where alt-g cannot?
wesbigelow Posted - Feb 24 2006 : 9:24:42 PM
quote:
Is "Parse all files..." enabled in the VA X options dialog?

I didn't see an option named "Parse all files..." but I did see one named "Parse all headers when opening a project" and it is checked.

VA X doesn't seem to find implementations after the .cpp file is opened.

Source code is all located under C:\\projects\\ProjectName\\Source\\ with subfolders for each project containing both the .cpp and the .h files in the same subfolder. (Example: the C:\\projects\\ProjectName\\Source\\Console\\ folder contains both ConsoleDetect.cpp and ConsoleDetect.h)

.h and .cpp files are almost always named the same thing, although there are a few exceptions. (However, it can't find the implementations even when the file names are the same.)
support Posted - Feb 24 2006 : 5:55:42 PM
Is "Parse all files..." enabled in the VA X options dialog?

Does VA X find implementations after you open the file(s) with the implementations?

What are the names and relative locations of your headers and source files?

Are headers and sources named similarly?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000