Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VAX can't find local variables in macroses

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
AGL Posted - Mar 01 2006 : 12:57:48 AM
Hi
I'm using VAX 1440 under VS6
There are still stable error in VAX, it can't correctly parse macroses with declarations of variables.

Check following example:
#define DR int ii; double dd;
void main(){
DR;
ii=0; dd=0.0;
}

VAX can't tell where was "ii" and "dd" defined.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Mar 01 2006 : 7:55:58 PM
VA X is behaving this way by design. Your example is a bit unusual. More likely, you'd have:

#define BIGINT int
BIGINT foo;

When you click foo, you want to see BIGINT as the definition of foo, not int. (Remember, VA X is trying to help while editing; it's not compiling.)

Macros #defined using ()'s do get resolved one level when used in definitions. This is done for several reasons, and one applies to your example. If you want VA X to resolve a macro used in a definition, include parens with it.

#define BIGINT() int
BIGINT() foo;

Click on foo and you see int.

The resolving of macros one level during edit is done by default and in most cases, causes VA X to understand variable definitions to the extent you want.

In your case, try:

#define DR() int ii; double dd;
DR();
ii=0;

VA X will know what ii is.

If you have a more complex example, post it and we might suggest a better workaround. (Some hacks are done via our stdafx.h.)

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000