Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 still problems with build 1442 and refactor pro

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Harald Posted - Mar 08 2006 : 8:28:44 PM
i just did a clean winxp installation.
installed vs2005 team (final).
then visual assist build 1442.
then refactor pro v1.0.31.

after installation of each component i started vs and made my usual adjustments and to check for proper functioning.

after i installed refactor the vax list boxes (the ones with the context info) disappeared. this was an issue with previous builds (haven't tried prior to 1438) and i was hoping this would be solved in the new one...

I WANT MY VAX LISTBOXES BACK!!
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - May 24 2006 : 1:20:07 PM
DevExpress acknowledged a slight problem in DXCore and have tested a fix. We presume they will issue the fix in their next build.

DevExpress case identifier is DQ7353
Harald Posted - Apr 16 2006 : 4:09:13 PM
i just saw and followed your suggestion from april 11 regarding the install order.
first uninstalled all vax and devexpress stuff. no other vs extensions.

i installed first refactor pro 1.0.31 and then vax build 1445.

i now see the vax suggestion boxes. haven't worked much but it seems to work fine now.

support Posted - Apr 14 2006 : 12:25:09 PM
case=1130
brian_winfield Posted - Apr 14 2006 : 02:25:09 AM
I'm also seeing the problem where the suggestion box is disappearing with refactor pro and VAX.

I installed VAX after refactor pro.

quote:
Originally posted by support

We could produce the problem one time, but not again. We think it might have to do with the order of installs.

If not already, can you try reinstalling VA X build 1444 after your DevExpress products?

support Posted - Apr 11 2006 : 1:42:21 PM
We could produce the problem one time, but not again. We think it might have to do with the order of installs.

If not already, can you try reinstalling VA X build 1444 after your DevExpress products?
support Posted - Apr 11 2006 : 11:18:02 AM
Harald:
We are unable to reproduce your problem with navigation of suggestion lists.

What programming language are you using?

When you mention "suggestions," are you referring to those in VA X or in DevExpress products? (Post or send us a small screenshot if you're not sure.)
Harald Posted - Mar 14 2006 : 11:02:09 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Harald

you're right, svschfer.
it seems to work fine now with refactor version 1.0.33.

i guess i was a little too quick there. after installation of refactor pro 1.0.33 i did a quick check only.
after having actually WORKED with the combination (together with vax 1442 or 1444) switching to 1.0.33 cured the problem with the vax context listboxes but now i cannot properly select from the suggestionlists. i cannot navigate it (cursor up/down causes the list to disappear) nor can i properly select from it (only space key works for completion - couldn't find an option in refactor or dxcore to change that) - but even if it worked i still couldn't use it cause i cannot navigate the suggestionlists. it works correctly when i disable refactor with the vs addin manager.

the combination of refactor 1.0.31 and VAX 1442 didn't have that problem, but it didn't show the VAX context lists.

since all of this happened (before and) after a clean install of the os and no other vs add-ins involved, it appears the incompatability issues are not entirely solved yet.
Sasa Posted - Mar 13 2006 : 8:03:44 PM
svschfer, yes, very beta. Some refactoring even produced manages code! as in a set/get property encapsulation!. Some other stuff plain don't work like method extraction that works 5% of the time. What about variable renaming? it doesn't even find all instances of the var. It also makes VS2005 boot like 30 secondes slower. I preffer ref++ over it by FAR.
svschfer Posted - Mar 09 2006 : 5:59:32 PM
C++ support in Refactor! is still marked as "Beta" I think and I found it to be working like an "Alpha" release. The refactored code isn't working at times and sooner or later the parser gets confused and gives strange/wrong refactoring hints. However, I only tried with some realy ugly managed C++ code and even VA X has some problems with this.
Sasa Posted - Mar 09 2006 : 12:03:35 PM
what mistake?

I didn't have an issue either with refactor 1.0.33 and VAX. Did you guys give refactorPro a try with C++? I did not like it a single bit. Needs way more work to be usefull.
support Posted - Mar 09 2006 : 10:25:06 AM
Thank you, svschfer, for catching our mistake.
Harald Posted - Mar 09 2006 : 09:52:36 AM
you're right, svschfer.
it seems to work fine now with refactor version 1.0.33.

thanks!
svschfer Posted - Mar 09 2006 : 06:44:02 AM
Try with VAX 1442 and the latest release of Refactor Pro! (1.0.33 w. DXCore 1.1.58). For me this combination works without problems now (never encountered any problems using both products in VS2005 anyway).
Harald Posted - Mar 09 2006 : 03:05:06 AM
i wasn't talking about resharper. i don't have it installed.

i was talking about "developer express refactor pro v1.0.31"
support Posted - Mar 08 2006 : 11:06:57 PM
The known compatibility problems with Resharper will be fixed in the next beta build. We can only say the beta is due "soon."

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000