Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Ctrl+C and the Definition field (minor)

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
zworg Posted - Mar 17 2006 : 06:13:58 AM
VC++ 6 IDE

You can right click the Definition field to copy its text to the clipboard.
You can even use keyboard shortcuts like Ctrl+C or Ctrl+Ins to copy.
However, keyboard shortcuts work only if something is selected in the source window. If nothing is selected, Ctrl+C inside the Definition field just beeps and does nothing.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jpizzi Posted - Mar 20 2006 : 10:19:34 PM
I can reproduce it with VS 6 and 1444. Perhaps it is related to "Enable copy without selection" from Options, Compatibility. The default is to have this enabled. I have it disabled (because I hated accidentally copying a new line when I meant to paste one word, but hit the wrong key)

Looking at this a bit further, if "Enable copy without selection" is disabled, you cannot copy anything out of the context field, even if you manually select some text in the field.

case = 1064
support Posted - Mar 20 2006 : 7:20:27 PM
We still cannot reproduce the problem using build 1444.

What build do you have?

Does the behavior depend on where you place the caret on the #include line?

Any other add-ins that might cause a conflict?
zworg Posted - Mar 19 2006 : 9:45:13 PM
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open a .cpp file in VC++ 6 IDE
2. Single click an #include line (do not select any text, just put the caret on that line)
The Context and Definition fields will display the header file name and full path, respectively.
3. Now single click anywhere inside the Context (or Definition) field
This will select the entire text of that field
4. Hit Ctrl+C... and it just beeps and no text is copied

However, if I select at least one character on step 2 then the copy on step 4 works just fine.

support Posted - Mar 18 2006 : 5:26:12 PM
We cannot reproduce your problem.

Can you describe the steps to reproduce it?

When you say, "in the source window," are you referring to the window where you normally edit code? We find the behavior does not depend on a selection in this window. Instead, if something in the Context field is selected, it's copied. If nothing is selected, nothing is copied. (Notice "Copy" is disabled in the context menu (RMB) for the definition field when it has no selection.)

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000