Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Listbox in VAX 1444

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ivo Posted - Apr 05 2006 : 6:00:31 PM
Hi

I installed 1444 and if I type <class name>:: the list of all members pops up automatically and there is no option to turn it off. I would really like this to be optional. The most common case of writing class:: is when creating new member functions. The listbox is just getting in the way.

Version 1440 did not have this problem.

Ivo
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Apr 06 2006 : 4:07:01 PM
Documentation should say, :: at global scope, not after foo::
Ivo Posted - Apr 06 2006 : 12:42:12 PM
It worked! Thanks.

But I still don't understand why. The docs say "Regardless of settings, the content of listboxes after typing :: is always taken from default Intellisense." Meaning it shouldn't affect the behavior after "class::".

Also, what are the other consequences of that option? Does it lead to different listbox contents, or slower performance or something?
rhummer Posted - Apr 06 2006 : 12:23:26 PM
Do you have "Get content from defaultu Intellisense" enabled in the VA X Options -> Text Editor ->ListBoxes.

If I have that enabled and disable the VS2003 autolist members option in Text Editor -> C/C++

Then I get a listbox oafter "ptr->" and I donot get one after doing "class::"

Give that a try and see how it works for you.
Ivo Posted - Apr 06 2006 : 12:13:16 PM
Hmm... It turned out to be something else.

In VS6 there is a VAX option "Auto list members". This option controls if the listbox will appear after "ptr->" and "class::". I have that option turned off.

In VS2003 there is no VAX option for it. There is one in the IDE options under Text Editor -> C/C++. When that option is turned on I get the Visual Assist listbox after "ptr->" and "class::". When that option is turned off the listbox doesn't show up after "ptr->", but appears after "class::".

So the problem is that VAX tries to respect the IDE option in VS2003, but fails in some cases.

Ivo

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000