Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 header file extension

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
satya Posted - Apr 10 2006 : 11:27:22 AM
Hi,

I have a project with the header files having extension .hp and .hl. How do I make the VisualAssist understand and parse these files.

TIA
Satya
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
satya Posted - Apr 14 2006 : 02:07:20 AM
Hi sean,

I tried the 2 steps you had suggested, it works perfect for me. thanks

Satya
ppus Posted - Apr 11 2006 : 6:10:46 PM
Great. Let me do my best to introduce more guys into VA. By the way, ExtHeader is already in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Whole Tomato\\Visual Assist X\\VANet8, which I thought early that may need to be created just like .fdf in the language entry. My fault.

quote:
Originally posted by sean

Here are the steps I used:

Create key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\VisualStudio\\8.0\\Languages\\File Extensions\\.fdf
set default value to same as .h key --> {B2F072B0-ABC1-11D0-9D62-00C04FD9DFD9}
Modified value ExtHeader at
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Whole Tomato\\Visual Assist X\\VANet8
to --> .h;.hh;.hpp;.hxx;.ipp;.tlh;.inl;.p;.rh;.dh;.ih;.ph;.fdf;

No need to rebuild or make any changes in the options or customize dialogs.

sean Posted - Apr 11 2006 : 5:56:39 PM
Here are the steps I used:

Create key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\VisualStudio\\8.0\\Languages\\File Extensions\\.fdf
set default value to same as .h key --> {B2F072B0-ABC1-11D0-9D62-00C04FD9DFD9}
Modified value ExtHeader at
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Whole Tomato\\Visual Assist X\\VANet8
to --> .h;.hh;.hpp;.hxx;.ipp;.tlh;.inl;.p;.rh;.dh;.ih;.ph;.fdf;

No need to rebuild or make any changes in the options or customize dialogs.
ppus Posted - Apr 11 2006 : 3:00:03 PM
When you said "Remember to include the dot and terminating semicolon." Does it mean that in the default string value of ExtHeader, put ".fdf;" in the data entry? thanks.

quote:
Originally posted by support

For Visual Studio 2005, exit your IDE and add your extension to Tools|Options|Projects and Solutions|VC++ Project Settings|C/C++ File Extensions.

If your extension denotes a header, use Regedit to add the extension to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Whole Tomato/Visual Assist X/VANet/ExtHeader.

If your extension denotes a source file that is not a header, add the extension to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Whole Tomato/Visual Assist X/VANet/ExtSource.

Remember to include the dot and terminating semicolon.

Press Rebuild on the Performance node of the Visual Assist X options dialog and restart your IDE.

This seems to make all features of VA X work except for syntax coloring. We will dig some more. This doesn't seem to have an effect:

HKCU\\Software\\Microsoft\\VisualStudio\\8.0\\VC\\Extensions to Include

ppus Posted - Apr 11 2006 : 2:43:50 PM
I tried this but there is still some problem. I have .fdf as function declaration file and I followed exactly what you said. The function declaration can't be linked through VA to the function used in the .c and its color does not change! ALT+G will not work too. Any suggestions?

support Posted - Apr 11 2006 : 12:08:55 PM
For Visual Studio 2005, exit your IDE and add your extension to Tools|Options|Projects and Solutions|VC++ Project Settings|C/C++ File Extensions.

If your extension denotes a header, use Regedit to add the extension to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Whole Tomato/Visual Assist X/VANet/ExtHeader.

If your extension denotes a source file that is not a header, add the extension to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Whole Tomato/Visual Assist X/VANet/ExtSource.

Remember to include the dot and terminating semicolon.

Press Rebuild on the Performance node of the Visual Assist X options dialog and restart your IDE.

This seems to make all features of VA X work except for syntax coloring. We will dig some more. This doesn't seem to have an effect:

HKCU\\Software\\Microsoft\\VisualStudio\\8.0\\VC\\Extensions to Include
satya Posted - Apr 11 2006 : 11:15:53 AM
Hi,

Thanks for the information. Is the procedure same as .net for VisualStudio 2005?
rhummer Posted - Apr 10 2006 : 11:33:22 AM
Follow the steps listed at this link http://www.wholetomato.com/support/faq.html#extension

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000