Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VisualAssist 1444 and CodeRush

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hanzl Posted - Apr 11 2006 : 3:32:45 PM

Hello,

has anybody working VisualAssist and CodeRush together?

I have a similar problem as harald in thread
http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4430
with the Visual Assist suggestion listboxes.

When CodeRush is installed every keystroke in the listbox is also processed in the Visual Studio IDE.

For example: if I press cursor down the cursor moves down in the listbox BUT the listbox closes immediately because the IDE thinks it's a editor cursor down command. If a deactive Visual Assist (so the IntelliAssist from Visual Studio is active only) the problem disappears. Same when I deactivate CodeRush.

I also tried to uninstall and reinstall Visual Assist again. I tried Versions 10.2.1444 an 1440.

CodeRush is version 1.1.46 and DXCore 1.1.58. I think the problem is in the DXCore engine, CodeRush is only a plugin to DXCore.

Visual Studio is Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for Software Developers Version 8.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)

The problem seems to be language independent. Most time I tried it in csharp but the problem also exists in C++ and Visual Baisc.

There is no other add-in active in Visual Studio.

7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Aug 31 2006 : 12:14:06 PM
VA X tested ok with DXCore 2.0.4
support Posted - May 24 2006 : 1:19:14 PM
DevExpress acknowledged a slight problem in DXCore and have tested a fix. We presume they will issue the fix in their next build.

DevExpress case identifier is DQ7353
support Posted - May 17 2006 : 08:47:25 AM
We isolated the culprit and are still waiting for a reply from DevExpress.
hanzl Posted - May 17 2006 : 04:17:06 AM

Hello paulusher,

I got a mail from whole tomato last week that they are still working on this problem and need more information from DevExpress.

For me changing the installation order did not work with any VAX release. My only workaround is to deactivate one product OR to use the mouse to select entries in the listbox.

I have deactivated all Auto Complete features in DevExpress.
Problems with to many spaces in a line are auto corrected in csharp when the line ends with a semicolon.

Sorry I could not figure out more.
paulusher Posted - May 16 2006 : 9:43:22 PM
Ok, since no one wants to answer the last question, how about this one... where does one go to check the status of a 'case'

TIA
paulusher Posted - May 13 2006 : 8:45:26 PM
any progress on this issue ? I have just renewed my licence and was excited about using VA-X only to find the dual handling of keys drives me crazy...

TIA
support Posted - Apr 13 2006 : 7:32:25 PM
We can reproduce the problem and do not have a workaround other than disabling VA X or DXCore.

Thank you for the details you sent via email.

case=1130

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000