Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Scrolling up through file maxes out CPU

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
peck797 Posted - May 17 2006 : 3:42:02 PM
If I scroll through my source file (not particularly large), the IDE freezes for upwards of 20-30 seconds at a time and the following thread is displayed as consuming 100% of one CPU:

vax.dll!MigrateDevColor+0xadb75

There are two of these threads active usually and it appears to be switching frequently between them as well.

This is VAX 1445 on VC 2005.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
peck797 Posted - May 18 2006 : 11:22:52 AM
This hasn't happened since I have been using 1515, thanks
peck797 Posted - May 18 2006 : 06:42:12 AM
It just happened when I stopped at a breakpoint. There are currently three instances of that thread and one of them is swapping out about 200-700 times a second, consuming the whole of one CPU. It's been doing it for long enough for me to start Firefox, navigate to here, log-in and type this message!
peck797 Posted - May 17 2006 : 4:53:03 PM
I don't own the copyright for the file, I'm afraid. It doesn't seem to be tied to a specific file. It happens on at least a couple of the projects that I am working on at the moment. The solution only has about three active vcprojs in it (the other six are unloaded) and each of the projects is a pretty small file - maybe 200-300 lines long.

Am I the only one who has noticed this? If so, then I will put it down to a quirk of my system. This isn't the first time that VAX has not liked my source code :)
feline Posted - May 17 2006 : 4:47:24 PM
is there any chance of getting a copy of the file in question? i am guessing this is file specific. if it is in ALL files then we probably have a different problem.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000