Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Does Consolas break matching {}, () ?

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
robosport Posted - Jun 11 2006 : 01:52:32 AM
VA_X.dll file version 10.2.1446.0 built 2006.05.31
VA.NET 7.1:
VAOpsWin.dll version 1.3.2.4
VATE.dll version 1.0.4.14
DevEnv.exe version 8.0.50727.42
msenv.dll version 8.0.50727.42
Font: Courier New 11(Pixels)
Comctl32.dll version 6.0.2900.2180
WindowsNT 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2
2 processors

Platform: Win32
Stable Includes:
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\\VC\\include;
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\\VC\\atlmfc\\include;
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\\VC\\PlatformSDK\\include;
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\\SDK\\v2.0\\include;

Library Includes:
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\\VC\\atlmfc\\src\\mfc;
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\\VC\\atlmfc\\src\\mfcm;
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\\VC\\atlmfc\\src\\atl;
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\\VC\\crt\\src;

Other Includes:

When I switch to Consolas I no longer get highlights for matching {} and (). I saw this issue discussed related to proportional fonts, but I think Consolas is monospace and I'm not using any of the bold settings in the other discussion.

Thanks.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Nov 24 2006 : 9:22:17 PM
Consolas font supported in build 1541.

case 1206 fixed.
jpizzi Posted - Jun 16 2006 : 01:45:38 AM
The ClearType method of "cleaning up" the screen text is also highly dependent upon the colors you are using for text display and background. I have seen cases where one ClearType setting works well for black-on-white but is terrible for white-on-black in the same application with the same font.
robosport Posted - Jun 13 2006 : 7:38:30 PM
I don't think its DVI related. I haven't used a VGA connection in three years. After reading the ClearType papers at their site it seems they were designing more for small LCDs - specifically PocketPC type displays. Funny how polarizing this technology is.
sean Posted - Jun 13 2006 : 7:34:12 PM
It's odd - I've read varying accounts as well. From my own experience ClearType works great on my LCD with a DVI connection - but not so great with a VGA connector (same LCD model, same graphics card, but different physical connector on the card).
feline Posted - Jun 13 2006 : 7:08:48 PM
i got a new LCD a few months ago and tried clear type. after a fair degree of experimentation i found it sort of helped in some places, a bit, but often it made things worse. my impression was that a lot of programs, dialogs and fonts just do not play nicely with clear type, which left me with a hodge podge effect, so i turned it off, and have not looked back since
robosport Posted - Jun 11 2006 : 5:11:49 PM
Sorry for the noise. The problem was related to using Consolas without turning on ClearType font processing. Until I did that all symbols looked too close to bold to notice the difference.

After 10 minutes with ClearType (even after running the online ClearType tuner) and an oncoming headache from weird looking fonts I decided to go back to a Standard font processing and the old reliable Courier New. I believed the hype that ClearType was designed to make fonts look better on LCDs. On my 24" LCD it made me queasy.
feline Posted - Jun 11 2006 : 4:42:35 PM
if you take just the simple code:

{
    {
    }
}

do you get the brackets shown in bold if the inner brackets are indented with 4 spaces? what happens if you indent them with a single tab each?

this assumes that the outer set of brackets are not indented at all.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000