Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 1522: Bogus template param infos

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bugfix Posted - Jun 11 2006 : 12:16:16 PM
Speaks for itself:

Well it's a class but a template class:)

After some "refactoring renames" I ended up w/ this:

-bugfix
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jun 12 2006 : 6:49:26 PM
screen shot 2, now i can reproduce it

case=1290

screen shot 3, a feature request has gone in:

case=1291

screen shot 4, if this starts cropping up then any clues on how to reproduce it would be useful. so far i have not see this myself, and i use rename fairly often.
bugfix Posted - Jun 11 2006 : 4:37:20 PM
ss2:
It's coming from wxWidget aka wxWindows but you can easily reproduce it by adding e.g "typedef int T" before the template decl. I expect VAX to take precedence of class/typename when a template is beeing declared instead of applying the first best match:)

ss3:
Ok, make it a feature request, I'd like to see "class XXX<C,T>" in tooltip:)

ss4:
Neither could I reproduce it. It happend after I did some refactor "rename references from xxx to yyy" from context menu.
feline Posted - Jun 11 2006 : 4:27:02 PM
screen shot 1, i am seeing the same thing

case=1272

screen shot 2, i cannot reproduce, i am getting "typename T" in the definition field, as expected. i suspect this is related to you having WTL installed, but the installation details probably matter. i.e. the version, if it is listed as a stable directory, etc.

screen shot 3, are you expecting / wanting the tooltip to tell you this is a template class? do you know of any places where you are told this in the tooltip? if it happens else where this makes this a bug, otherwise it is a feature request

screen shot 4, i cannot reproduce. i presume you tool the code from screen shot 3 and simply added "C c;" inside the class body. doing the same and moving the caret still gives me "typename C, typename T" from screen shot 1 in the definition bar.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000