Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 1522: Refactoring - Document Method

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Chris Wilcock Posted - Jun 12 2006 : 09:03:21 AM
Hello!

The new refactoring support in build 1522 is excellent, but I'm having a couple of problems with the 'Document Method' option in C++ when used in Visual Studio 6 (I've not tried VS2005).

When used on a constructor definition that calls the base class constructor, such as this...

CSessionsView::CSessionsView () :
CMultiFormView (CSessionsView::IDD)

{
}

... the result looks like this:

CSessionsView::CSessionsView () ://************************************

// Method: CSessionsView

// FullName: CSessionsView::CSessionsView

// Access: public

// Returns:

// Qualifier: : CMultiFormView (IDD)

//************************************

CMultiFormView (CSessionsView::IDD)

{
}

As you can see, VA has indented the first line of the constructor definition, and pasted the comment block in the middle of the call to the base class constructor.

This seems to work OK on constructors that don't explicitly call a base class constructor, and on other member functions too - except that the comment block for a destructor is indented four spaces instead of appearing flush left.

The second problem is that the comment block always seems to be double spaced, including a blank line between each pasted line of AutoText.

Finally, a feature request: Please can you add an additional AutoText parameter that expands to just the parameter name, without its associated data type - ie to 'pDX' instead of 'CDataExchange * pDX' ...? Like $MethodArg$, this would be repeated for each parameter of the method.

Thanks very much...!

5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Jun 19 2006 : 4:49:00 PM
Fixed in build 1524:

Document Method works for class ctors with initializer lists. (case=1191)
beef Posted - Jun 12 2006 : 2:39:06 PM
quote:
Originally posted by rhummer

You can change the formating/information displayed in the autotext menu. Its called Refactor Document Method

Thanks, I didn't notice that.
rhummer Posted - Jun 12 2006 : 2:24:02 PM
You can change the formating/information displayed in the autotext menu. Its called Refactor Document Method
beef Posted - Jun 12 2006 : 12:27:59 PM
Ok, and what about this request: It would be nice (at least for me) to have "Document function/class" in the java-doc style. Doxygen seems to be quite popular tool..
rhummer Posted - Jun 12 2006 : 09:20:29 AM
This is a known bug, case=1191

The request has already been thought of, case=1211

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000