Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 1522: Refactor context menu items disabled

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kinook Posted - Jun 12 2006 : 2:43:43 PM
I can't access refactoring via the keyboard. For instance, when displaying the VA context menu with selection in a class declaration or implementation file and not on a method declaration, none of the refactor items (i.e., Add Member, etc.) are enabled (some are enabled if selection is on a method name). There should also be a command (bindable to a keyboard shortcut) to display a context menu with just refactoring choices.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - Jun 12 2006 : 4:18:10 PM
Alt+A+R should have been Alt+A, R (menu shortcuts, not command binding).
kinook Posted - Jun 12 2006 : 4:02:28 PM
I don't actually have a selection. To be more precise, replace "caret" with "selection" in my post. I'm editing .cpp and .h files w/ C++ code.

I already have Ctrl+Alt+R tied to another command. There should be a VA command for show refactor menu that can be tied to a user-configured shortcut.
sean Posted - Jun 12 2006 : 3:42:32 PM
Limited commands are available when you have a selection.

Note that Alt+A+R will display the refactor menu. If that is insufficient, you should be able to create your own top-level menu with just the refactoring commands giving it a name and menu mnemonic that works for your situation.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000