Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 methods list stops working properly

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tom_seddon Posted - Jun 13 2006 : 3:42:47 PM
Sometimes the method list stops working properly. You can activate it, but you can't dismiss it with Esc, nor does typing narrow down the list. You have to select the item you want with the mouse, and visit it by clicking on the method using a left click.

I haven't worked out a good way of reproducing this yet, I'm afraid -- it just seems to happen after a while of use.

(Edit: whoops, forgot to say, and forgot to say in the header, this is version 1522.)
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Jun 26 2006 : 12:45:42 AM
Fixed in build 1525.
sean Posted - Jun 16 2006 : 7:31:12 PM
case=1349
feline Posted - Jun 14 2006 : 6:07:01 PM
what is VisVim.NET ? does disabling this make any difference? is this a plugin to make the IDE editor emulate the VIM editor by any chance? if so then perhaps this plugin is catching escape and some key presses so that they are not available to VA. i know Escape is an important key press for VIM.
tom_seddon Posted - Jun 14 2006 : 05:28:00 AM
IDE: VS.NET 2003
Language: C++
Other plugins: VisVim.NET, Test Track Pro (but it's disabled)

I saw something like this a couple of years ago in an older version of VA -- sometimes PgUp/PgDn/Home/End wouldn't work in the methods list.

Thanks,

--Tom
feline Posted - Jun 13 2006 : 6:03:15 PM
* which IDE are you using?
* what programming language are you using?
* do you have any other plugin's installed?

once this starts happening what do you do to make it work again? is restarting the IDE enough, or do you have to reboot? does anything else go wrong?

is this a new problem in 1522 or have you seen it before?

does it happen often? next time it happens can you produce a log file while you try to access and use the alt-m list and email it to [email protected] , referencing this thread.

http://www.wholetomato.com/support/faq.html#log

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000