Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Seems like VAX doesnt Autocomplete

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dmoney Posted - Jun 15 2006 : 12:04:55 AM
Maybe it's just, but I downloaded 1522 and installed it and it seems like VAX isnt working. Autocomplete doesnt work, nothing..

The coloring seems to work fine.. I've enabled, disabled VAX through the menu but still nahda.

Again, it's probably just me being a newb, but what am I missing here?

WinXP - VS2005.

Thanks!
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jun 17 2006 : 12:45:28 PM
using VS2005 and C# i am seeing the same behaviour in both VA 1446 and 1552

specifically, typing the dummy code:

MessageBox.Show();
MessageBox.Show();
MessageBox.Show();

by the second or third line i am getting both "MessageBox" and "Show()" suggested. however, if i ignore the suggestion listboxes (question mark icons) and get a completion listbox to suggest Show then the brackets are never inserted.

can you explain what you are seeing 1446 do that 1552 is not doing? is it possibly just down to what suggestions you are being offered?
dmoney Posted - Jun 16 2006 : 12:19:48 AM
Just as a FYI, I went back to 1446 and VAX works like expected.. When I type something using the beta build, I see it "Parsing" all these files but noth every autocompletes or autosuggests..
dmoney Posted - Jun 15 2006 : 11:51:19 PM
C# .. Shows up in a new or existing project. No other plugins installed.

Thanks for the help!
feline Posted - Jun 15 2006 : 5:57:39 PM
what language are you using?
does this problem show up in a new, default project?
do you have any other plugins installed?
dmoney Posted - Jun 15 2006 : 5:35:47 PM
I disabled the show completion list on every character, and now I have now autocomplete.

Like, nothing works (on or off).. Back in the day, it would create closing ()'s and if I did things like if it would autocomplete with the full statement..

What the heck did I break?! :)

thanks
support Posted - Jun 15 2006 : 12:25:44 AM
Make sure the Intellisense options are enabled, eg. "Auto List Members" in Tools|Options|Text Editor|All Languages.

If you are programming in C#, disable "Show completion list on every character" if you want suggestions from VA X to appear.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000