Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VAX1525 : many wrong misspelling indicators in C#

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SvenC Posted - Jun 26 2006 : 09:02:25 AM
Hi,

in a C# web service project of VS2005 I see several .Net classes underlined as if misspelled.

E.g.:

StringBuilder sb = new StringBuilder();
sb.Append(HttpContext.Current.Request.Url.Host);

HttpContext, Request, Url and Host and underlined

I have a "using System.Web;" clause at the beginning of the class and the C# compiler happily compiles that code.

It makes no difference to VAX if I fully qualify System.Web.HttpContext... System and Web are not underlined, but every word afterwards.

Regards,
SvenC
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Jun 27 2006 : 3:58:11 PM
It appears the problem was related to the format of web service projects in 2005. Will be fixed in 1526.
SvenC Posted - Jun 27 2006 : 05:12:08 AM
I do see Web as namespace below System. Both with and without VAX enabled. But with VAX enabled the listbox closes upon typing the first letter after the dot. So I have to use the mouse to scroll to the end of the listbox to see that Web is present.

Do you happen to miss a reference for System.Web? Of course this should have been set by the project wiard.

Regards,
SvenC
feline Posted - Jun 26 2006 : 4:05:31 PM
i think i know why this is underlined. even with VA disabled i cannot get VS2005 to suggest "Web" in:

using System.Web;

Web is simply not listed in the completion listbox after System. for me. can you look on your system and see if it is listed? i am wondering if there is some problem with the configuration of my test system.

*experiments*

i can get System.Web suggested in a normal C# program, but not in an ASP.NET web service C# project.

case=1482

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000