Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VAX 1525: reparse current file do not work for cpp

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
accord Posted - Jun 27 2006 : 4:14:37 PM
I'm using VAX 1525.

1. I enter new class member functions to the header file and then to the CPP file.

2. I'm pressing Alt+G above the function name in the cpp file and VAX jumps me to the right position in the header. If I trying to press Alt+G above the function name in the h file then it may does nothing or jumps to a wrong position in cpp instead of the function definition.

If I rebuild the symbol database (from Performance/General TAB) then everything will be OK!

So I think I can reparse a header file but cannot the cpp. Is it the case?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Jun 28 2006 : 1:19:38 PM
There was an issue with files not always being reparsed, especially if you scripted a save to reparse the file. :)

Fixed in 1526.
accord Posted - Jun 28 2006 : 05:48:11 AM
support: If I modify for example a header file, it need seconds to reparse it, and if I switch from the file before VAX reparse the file it will no be parsed (or takes a lot of time/need restart). But I can press Ctrl+S easily before switching to another file. This was true for 14xx series, I didn't tested 15xx parsing frequency yet because of this script do it automatically for me, and it helped a lof for 14xx series.

I will reproduce this cpp parsing fault and I will create step-by-step instructions.

The file was in the project and I am using VS 2005.
support Posted - Jun 28 2006 : 12:31:20 AM
You shouldn't need to reparse on every save. VA X should do parsing enough on its own.

Are the cpp and header part of your project?
jpizzi Posted - Jun 28 2006 : 12:26:07 AM
Reparse current file should work on both a header and a code file, I believe.

At various times, I have seen problems where GoTo takes you to a line other than the one where the definition is. Most of the time they ended up being related to some #ifdef or #define that was confusing the parser.

Can you reproduce this in a clean file? If so, can you send us the example code?

You mention VAX 1525, but not which IDE.
accord Posted - Jun 27 2006 : 4:24:37 PM
Sorry, I didn't write that after step 1 I reaparsed the cpp and the h file (VAssistX/Tools/Reparse current file). I'm using script to allways parse every file after save because it takes time to parse files after modifications, and I don't like it :)

(So after entering new member function definitions to the cpp and reparsing the file, I cannot use Alt+G from the header to jump to the definition.)

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000