Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Problem with #import

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Koyaanisqatsi Posted - Jun 29 2006 : 12:26:29 PM
1.)
I have renewed my license, so i upgraded from build 1301 to the last general release 1446. For testing i take a bigger VC6 workspace (30 projects) consisting of COM-Components and ActiveX-Controls. But what a big surprise, what has worked in 1301 doesn't work the same (good) way in 1446. Especially i was not able to jump from the call of an "imported" COM-Function to the corresponding implementation, which was in an other project of the workspace. Instead VAX jumped to the .tlh- or .tli-file. I am sure this worked "correctly" in 1301, but i am not able to verify this behaviour exactly because...

2.)
After this surprise i decided to downgrade back to build 1301. But after deinstallation of 1446, the installation of 1301 requires the old license. No problem i thought, until i must see that the edit-control for the serial number converts every input to uppercase. But my old serial number has a lot of lowercase "chars" and i am sure it has already worked with build 1301.

I hope all this wasn't true, and i have made just a simple mistake.

6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Koyaanisqatsi Posted - Jun 30 2006 : 04:10:14 AM
quote:
Originally posted by support

Uninstall using the Add/Remove Programs CP should clear all keys from the registry, allowing you to install 1301 again.

As i have already written, there is a problem with the input of the key into the key-dialog. Every input is converted to uppercase, so i can't enter my key with lowercase letters.

The method, directly inserting the key into the registry, works. Thanks to bugfix, 1301 works again.
bugfix Posted - Jun 30 2006 : 01:26:07 AM
Yeah sure, and whats about those keys in HKCR\\Licenses and HKLM\\SOFTWARE\\Licenses which belong to armadillo crap?:)

-bugfix
support Posted - Jun 29 2006 : 6:24:03 PM
Uninstall using the Add/Remove Programs CP should clear all keys from the registry, allowing you to install 1301 again.
bugfix Posted - Jun 29 2006 : 1:46:02 PM
I haven't worked much w/ 15xx builds and heavy templated stuff like ATL/WTL, smartptr or COM.
All I know is that all 14xx build failed most the time where 13xx succeeded on my ATL/WTL projects.
For 15xx don't expect refactoring to work w/ templates or even worse templates in namespaces.
You might want to check http://www.wholetomato.com/support/history.html
There was a complete rewrite of ALT-G.

IIRC I've added my old registration info to:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Whole Tomato\\Visual Assist X]
"UserKey"=""
"UserName"=""

good luck:)

-bugfix
Koyaanisqatsi Posted - Jun 29 2006 : 1:17:10 PM
I think you are right.

But what must i do exactly in the registry to make 1301 work, i never ever was involved in such "VA X-Hacks".

What are your experiences with 15xx build ?
bugfix Posted - Jun 29 2006 : 12:52:16 PM
*deja-vu*
http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4335

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000