Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 1526: VC6 suggestion lists

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Chris Wilcock Posted - Jun 30 2006 : 03:58:48 AM
Hello!

This may be a variation on the problem reported by 'TheRawGod' against build 1522 ('VC6 Incorrect Suggestions / Missing Members').

I have two unrelated projects that both declare a class named CSysParms to access parameter settings for the application. Each project has different member functions based on the names of the associated settings. In build 1526, the suggestion box that pops up in project A includes the member functions for CSysParms from project B as well.

Thanks for any light you can shed on this...!

Chris
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Chris Wilcock Posted - Jun 30 2006 : 6:42:51 PM
That seems to have sorted the problem. Thanks very much!
support Posted - Jun 30 2006 : 6:04:44 PM
If you open a file from another project, the file and everything it #includes get parsed and the new symbols are accessible from your current project. However, VA X "should" forget about these files and symbols the next time you load your project. There was a bug in 1527 and earlier that prevented the symbols from being forgotten untill our symbol db was rebuilt.

Can you give build 1528 a try and letting us know if it fixes the problem? (No need to reset your IDEs during install.)

http://www.wholetomato.com/downloads/VA_X_Setup1528.exe

case=1526

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000