Whole Tomato Software Forums
Whole Tomato Software Forums
Main Site | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 1526: Problem showing function parameters ..

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hila123 Posted - Jun 30 2006 : 4:45:50 PM
Hi,

I'm using the latest beta (1526, VS2005, C++) and having the problem showing the parameters list for SendMessage function, VA will only show the last 3 paramters....the first HWND parameter is ignored...or actually it's having problem showing parameters if the function first parameter is HWND....this problem is never happened in 1524....
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Jul 02 2006 : 11:27:55 AM
If MFC is listed in the stable include files of Projects|Directories in our options dialog, VA X will know the symbols regardless of whether you use them or not. Assuming platform is not Custom in that dialog, VA X gets the settings from the IDE.
hila123 Posted - Jul 01 2006 : 11:37:25 PM
hi,

after typing SendMessage and press Alt-G, VA shows 3 results (1526)
afxwin32.inl:46 AFXWIN_INLINE LRESULT SendMessage(UINT message, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam)
afxwin.h:2101 LRESULT SendMessage(UINT message, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam)
afxwin.h:2100 LRESULT _AFX_FUNCNAME(SendMessage)(UINT message, WPARAM wParam = 0, LPARAM lParam = 0)

i disabled the intellisense by rename feacp.dll to feacp.0dll...so i think Get Content from Default Intellisense is not turned on....it's the same even i rebuild the symbols..

here is the results i get when i press Alt-G in 1524
winuser.h:3140 __inline LRESULT SendMessage(HWND hWnd, UINT Msg, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam)
winuser.h:3127 #define SendMessage SendMessageA
winuser.h:3125 #define SendMessage SendMessageW

seem likes VA think i'm in MFC project....
feline Posted - Jul 01 2006 : 4:50:43 PM
strange. using VS2005, C++ and VA 1526 i am seeing 4 parameters for SendMessage()
this is a pure C++ project, with no MFC classes in it.

does disabling VA make any difference?
kevinsikes Posted - Jul 01 2006 : 1:02:31 PM
If you type SendMessage without scope resolution and press Alt+G, where do you wind up? That'll be the (incorrect) context VA X thinks you're currently in. Then close the solution, delete the .ncb file for your solution and clear the symbol cache & rebuild symbols for VA X, then try this again to see if it behaves any differently.
Also, do you have Get Content from Default Intellisense turned on?
hila123 Posted - Jun 30 2006 : 5:46:56 PM
it's pure Win32 project...
but using the scope resolution operator does resolve the problem....the weird part is why this never happened in 1524?
kevinsikes Posted - Jun 30 2006 : 5:24:32 PM
Is this in an MFC project? Sounds like VAX is picking up the prototype of CWnd::SendMessage instead of the Win32 API SendMessage. If you are calling SendMessage from within a method of a CWnd-descended class, you must use the scope resolution operator (::) to get the Win32 version of SendMessage to use a different HWND. If it's not an MFC project, does using the scope resolution operator (ie, ::SendMessage) make any difference in VAX's parameter suggestions?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000