Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 1525: DevEnv.exe not exiting

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
John_H_Bergman Posted - Jul 01 2006 : 12:24:03 AM
I have noticed that I have extra copies of DevEnv running after closing all 'visible' instances now. Not sure what this is related to. Upgrading to the next code drop, I'll let you know if the problem goes away.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
John_H_Bergman Posted - Jul 04 2006 : 2:42:58 PM
All of the devenv.exe's are children of Explorer, however, I am only running one instance. I think this not related to VA, but to InstallShield for Visual Studio that I recently installed (The process-tree was a good idea :-).

Oddly, they all show a little bit of CPU activity once in a while... I'll let you know if I see it with out InstallShield installed.
support Posted - Jul 02 2006 : 11:24:56 AM
Clues and/or a reproducible case will certainly help.

Check for conflicts with other add-ins.
feline Posted - Jul 01 2006 : 4:15:09 PM
as a long shot if you run process explorer http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/ProcessExplorer.html it will show you the parent process.

however this only works if the parent process is still running, so unless you are lucky to catch this before the parent process is closed it will not help much.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000