Whole Tomato Software Forums
Whole Tomato Software Forums
Main Site | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Running project in VC++ (F5) closes output window!

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jpage4500 Posted - Jul 06 2006 : 12:47:55 PM
Hi,

I am used to keeping the output window open when I'm both coding and debugging (F5). I've noticed in the 1526 build and still in 1528 that my debug window is often closing automatically when I run. This has never happened before making me believe it's something VA is doing.

Is there anything that can be done about this? It's minor to re-open the debug window but just 1 more step I don't think I should have to do each time.

Has anyone else notice this?

thanks,
joe
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Aug 08 2006 : 01:25:23 AM
Case 1632 is fixed in build 1531.
feline Posted - Jul 10 2006 : 6:52:20 PM
good catch! i am seeing exactly the same thing, and it does not happen with 1446. like you i am not having to trigger any refactoring operations to get this either.

case=1632

this is fine in this thread, it is the same issue after all, it just turns out to have a different trigger.
jpage4500 Posted - Jul 10 2006 : 11:12:10 AM
Ah-ha! I think I'm able to reproduce this problem and it's not related to running in debug mode.. at least not this particular case..

Make sure the output window is open (Alt + 2). Select/highlight the context toolbar and enter a method name to jump to and press Enter. The output window closes! I can't imagine this is done on purpose.. right?

thanks,
joe

ps: i should probably open a new thread since this is unrelated to running/debugging
feline Posted - Jul 08 2006 : 2:55:08 PM
do you use any of the refactoring operations that trigger a find? rename and change signiture will both trigger find references, and then use the answer.

it makes sense that the find references window is involved, but that would make more sense if it was being shown.
jpage4500 Posted - Jul 07 2006 : 09:30:41 AM
Thanks for the reply.. it's a very strange behavior. I haven't been using the find references. Just sometimes (I'd say 60% of the time) when running in Visual Studio with the latest version of Visual Assist the output window closes. Of course, I'll open it again and when exiting debug mode I expect it to open again the next time. I also have the call stack and variables windows open when debugging and they've never been affected.

I just noticed this happening after upgrading to VA 1526+. So, I suspect VA is looking to remove it's own find refences overlay and ends up closing the output window.. of couse, I realize without an easy way to duplicate this problem it's harder to fix (I'm a developer too.. I can relate!)

Anyway, thanks for the help!

joe
feline Posted - Jul 06 2006 : 6:43:06 PM
i cannot reproduce this in VC6 with VA 1528, but this could be a function of my window layout.
have you been using VA's find references function? this overlays the output window, so may be a factor.

did you see this with any of the 14xx or earlier versions of VA? you say "often", is this all of the time? is there any pattern if it is only some of the time?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000