Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VA View and keyboard

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
xMRi Posted - Jul 13 2006 : 03:46:18 AM
Hi!
It is possible to hover over with the mouse over the source code and to show the objects context in the VA View. But in this case I need to use the mouse!

I am a keyboard fan, and thats the reason why I use VAX, so is there a trick to, sync the VA View with the current caret position (not mouse cursor).

Two solutions:
1. A hotkey that causes the sync
2. A switch in the settings that tell the VA View only to use the Caret position and not the mouse cursor position.

TIA
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
xMRi Posted - Jul 17 2006 : 05:34:45 AM
Uhhhh.... There is already a feature to solve this.
In the context menu of the VA View there is a option: "Show current scope when typing"!

So my request is fixed!

Yeah! Seams that there aren't much tings missing in this perfect product... :-)
xMRi Posted - Jul 17 2006 : 01:57:22 AM
I understand this. But how about a hotkey to synch, as I wrote in my first post.
support Posted - Jul 14 2006 : 2:05:54 PM
As you have discovered, the hovering class browser responds only to mouse hovering. The behavior is by design so that the screen doesn't update too much as you type.

We'll think some more about your request.
xMRi Posted - Jul 14 2006 : 01:57:39 AM
Sorry! My suggestion is misunderstood!

I want the context of the VA View to change!!! I don't want it to stay stable! But currently I can only use the mouse cursor to get the VA View to change its context.

I am working in the source code. And I move my caret over a specific class. How do I get the VA View to show this context?
support Posted - Jul 13 2006 : 11:00:49 AM
This is close to what you want: Use the push pin in the top right of the hovering class browser to prevent content from changing. You can hover and type -- the content remains.

Use the push pin again to return to normal operation.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000