Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 problems with Function Try Blocks

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Babak Posted - Jul 25 2006 : 11:12:24 AM
Hallo

if I use "Function Try Blocks" VAssist(10.1.1301.0) shows catch blocks as functions in the list of functions.

void f()
try{
    int i = 0;
}catch(...){
};

void g()
try{
    int i = 0;
}catch(...){
};
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jpizzi Posted - Jul 28 2006 : 03:09:07 AM
"Function Try Blocks" is a name for a try block between the function declaration and the opening brace of the function.

Interestingly, the sample code in MSDN for a function-try-block does not use the correct syntax (as defined in the standard). Not sure if VS really supports the feature or not.

Just tested, VS does support the feature.

1301 is the last version that someone can run without paying for a support upgrade.

This still happens in 1530, so I will open a case. Unfortunately, to get the fix, you will have to renew your support (unless you have support and you are at 1301 for some other reason).

case=1867
rhummer Posted - Jul 25 2006 : 11:23:32 AM
I don't quite follow the issue..

Is this an autotext? Is it one you have added? As looking through the list I don't see one called "Function Try Blocks"

Also you're build of Visual Assist is quite old, and there may be a possibility, assuming this is an autotext issue. That your issue has been resolved.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000