Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 1530. VS7.1+ICC Find references bug?

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
CreatorCray Posted - Aug 02 2006 : 02:37:49 AM
"Find references" and "rename" commands find refs only in file from where search was started. This happens just after project was converted into Intel Project system. If I convert project back to Visual C++ project system everything work fine again.

MSVC++ 7.1, Intel C++ 9.1 (and 9.0 too)
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Sep 19 2006 : 01:59:56 AM
Fixed in build 1535.
feline Posted - Sep 10 2006 : 10:16:07 AM
i have done the next best thing to merging the threads, they both reference the same bug fix now.

case=2399
CreatorCray Posted - Sep 10 2006 : 04:47:53 AM
>> it does seem that this should be addressed by thread 5247
Yes, it does. And their solution works. So this thread can be closed or merged with 5247 'cause they have the same solution.

PS. VA X - the greatest tool ever, guys! Excellent work! And special thanks for refactoring tools!

feline Posted - Sep 09 2006 : 3:13:42 PM
quote:
Originally posted by CreatorCray

Hi there!

Well, it's seems no progress with this...

apologies for the delay, i have been absolutely snowed under with work, so have been unable to get back to this yet. i have kept this on my list of things to do, for what that's worth.

it does seem that this should be addressed by thread 5247, if i am reading it correctly.
rhummer Posted - Sep 08 2006 : 10:44:08 AM
Actually this is probably related to the problem in this thread: http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5247
CreatorCray Posted - Sep 08 2006 : 10:03:33 AM
Hi there!

Well, it's seems no progress with this...
If you can't retrieve eval version I can provide for you "Intel VS2003 plugin" package only. It not required any license or serial, so I think it should do the trick.
I do some tests on clean VS with this only package installed (w/o any Intel compiler) and sure that you can reproduce this bug using that way.

So, where I can send that package? It's about 790 Kb
CreatorCray Posted - Aug 03 2006 : 12:51:42 AM
Yes, you can get an evaluation version for free (you only need to register your eval copy online to get free 30-days trial serial number).

To reproduce this bug you'll need "Intel C++ 32-bit compiler" and "Intel Visual Studio 2003 integration" to be installed.

Next, load any project to VS2003 and convert (right click on project in solution explorer) it to "Intel C++ project system". After that, try to find reference for any symbol which appears more than one file.

Cheers,
rhummer Posted - Aug 02 2006 : 6:40:22 PM
feline.

ICC is the Intel C++ Compiler. It is compatiable with MS IDE's

http://www.intel.com/cd/software/products/asmo-na/eng/compilers/cwin/279578.htm

It looks like you can get an evaluation.
feline Posted - Aug 02 2006 : 6:17:08 PM
i am assuming you have installed some form of plugin or extension, from Intel.

if so, can you post a link to where you got it from? is there a demo or trial version available that i can download and test with?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000