Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VA Suggestion Incorrect

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Christopher Holt Posted - Aug 08 2006 : 10:12:12 AM
I just upgraded to VA 1531 and now suggestions are not working after hitting the '=' key when assigning to a class property.

I am using VS2005 C#.
Note in the picture below that the suggestion list is completely off base when trying to assign a ConformanceLevel enum to the ConformanceLevel property.

I have tried rebuilding the symbol database and clearing all cache files.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Christopher Holt Posted - Aug 28 2006 : 5:49:57 PM
quote:
Originally posted by support

Fixed in build 1533.

This definitely appears to be fixed in 1533. Thanks!
support Posted - Aug 27 2006 : 7:12:23 PM
Fixed in build 1533.
feline Posted - Aug 26 2006 : 1:42:57 PM
the next build should appear in the next day or two, and this is indeed fixed, at least for me, in the next build.
rhummer Posted - Aug 22 2006 : 10:51:00 AM
it appears it will be fixed for the next build.
Christopher Holt Posted - Aug 22 2006 : 10:11:40 AM
quote:
Originally posted by feline

i am seeing the same thing here

case=2052

Is this going to be fixed in the next release? If it is do you know when that will be. This has started getting very annoying because if I type something simple like, try, and then hit enter it changes my try to whatever it was highlighting at the time which is usually some obscure object. This happens with other things as well (else, maybe) can't remember.
feline Posted - Aug 13 2006 : 4:43:47 PM
i only suggested playing with it since the initial problem description did not make much sense to me (i was a little over tired) and it sounded like a problem i had recently run into in C++ that was fixed by playing with that option. in this particular case the whole suggestion was rather unhelpful, sorry about that.
support Posted - Aug 12 2006 : 9:00:38 PM
The option to "Get content from default Intellisense" applies to C/C++. One might argue it should be on the C/C++ node, not on the Listboxes node of our options dialog.

http://www.wholetomato.com/products/features/members.html?goto=defaultIntellisense
feline Posted - Aug 12 2006 : 6:47:50 PM
i am seeing the same thing here

case=2052
John_H_Bergman Posted - Aug 10 2006 : 11:18:44 AM
No change for me either
Christopher Holt Posted - Aug 10 2006 : 06:50:24 AM
Unchecking those options doesn't help. However, your comment about getting intellisense from VS is kind of strange since I have an option in the ListBox section that says Get content from default Intellisense and it is not checked.

Also, I would like to reiterate what John said. This only started happening with 1531 so I doubt this is a VS2005 Intellisense problem.
John_H_Bergman Posted - Aug 09 2006 : 11:19:53 PM
Hmm, I'll check it out, but this behavior changed from 1530 to 1531. I'll post again shortly when any additional information.
support Posted - Aug 09 2006 : 10:44:05 PM
VA X doesn't generate listbox content for C#, and VA X does not generate any sort of listbox prior to the typing of at least one character in any programming language.

Default Intellisense is generating the content you see. For C#, VA X takes the default content and populates an enhanced listbox with it. You see the VA X listbox, hence the filtering toolbar, but it was the IDE that told VA X what to put into the listbox.

Either the IDE is misguided or VA X is munging the content as it populates its enhanced listbox.

See if the problem occurs if you disable the "shrink", "guess contents" and "list non-inherited first" options in the Listboxes node of the VA X options dialog. (These are the options that control how VA X populate its enhanced listbox.)

You might also try to reproduce the problem after unloading VA X "at startup" using Tools|Add-in Manager. Maybe the IDE generates the wacky content on its own once in a while.
John_H_Bergman Posted - Aug 09 2006 : 10:40:04 PM
Didn't help me either, and here is another clue

public ScanFileData(string strFileName,HashValue oHash)
{

m_strFileName=^^^
}

private string m_strFileName;
private HashValue m_oHashValue;

Starting with the ^^^, I type str and the listbox pops up with m_strFileName selected, and strFileName right below it.

This is really annoying.

I've also had it where I have two function names

Requireanything()
Requirething()

When I type xxx.requirething and let the intellisense correct it, I get Requireanything, which is also clearly incorrect.

Christopher Holt Posted - Aug 09 2006 : 10:35:13 PM
Nope that didn't help.
feline Posted - Aug 09 2006 : 8:37:20 PM
can you try turning:
VA Options -> Text Editor -> listboxes -> get content from default intellisense

On and triggering a CTRL-SPACE list box with it both on, and then turning it off again, and then triggering another CTRL-SPACE listbox?

i ran into a similar sounding problem myself in VS2005, C++, and this fixed it for me.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000