Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Corrupted Collapsed Region Text

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
John_H_Bergman Posted - Aug 09 2006 : 6:28:59 PM
This problem is still here, I could not find the previous thread, but in 1531, it behaves the same.

When the region is expected, everything is fine, when it is collapsed, the text that is displayed is multi-colored and garbled.

VS2005/C#
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
John_H_Bergman Posted - Aug 18 2006 : 10:47:35 AM
Yes, next time it happens I will capture the output and post it/send it.
feline Posted - Aug 17 2006 : 7:32:17 PM
i will ask support if they have any ideas here. is it possible for you to post a screen shot of what happens?

we have had very occasional reports of screen corruption over time, but normally nothing that can be reproduced easily or on demand *sigh*
John_H_Bergman Posted - Aug 16 2006 : 10:59:17 AM
It happens on multiple computers, and then, not too often. I can correct it by Hightlighting the region, cutting it; and then pasting it back in.

I do often times collapse the region, copy it, and then go else where to paste it in.
jpizzi Posted - Aug 14 2006 : 10:14:37 PM
I think I have copied collapsed text (in VS2003) without problems. But, I can't remember for sure. Since we are talking about a visual issue, as a long shot, have you checked for an updated video driver?
feline Posted - Aug 14 2006 : 6:32:32 PM
are you copying collapsed regions? personally i hardly ever collapse my code, let alone copy collapsed regions, so i never thought to try a test like that.
John_H_Bergman Posted - Aug 14 2006 : 12:00:52 PM
I see it about once a day, usually after a longer session. It also appears to happen most often shortly after I have copied the region from one place to another... still trying to figure out a pattern
feline Posted - Aug 12 2006 : 4:34:54 PM
how often does this happen, and how easily can you reproduce it?

i have just collapsed and expanded several blocks in a C# program in VS2005 with no problems at all.
John_H_Bergman Posted - Aug 09 2006 : 11:57:24 PM
Nope, not squares... random characters, with random color changes.

if I cut the region entirly out, and then paste it back in, the bad behavior disappears.
feline Posted - Aug 09 2006 : 9:28:59 PM
when you say garbled, do you get the characters replaced with empty squares? or some other form of garbled?
very occasionally VS2005 and C++, the current line gets replaced with a row of empty squares. i have see this happen to other people who do not have VA installed *shudder*.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000