Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Auto completion for all types a bit messy

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SvenC Posted - Aug 16 2006 : 03:09:43 AM
Hi,

while most of the time I do like the feature the VAX displays all types or members where my typed text is in and not only those types or members which start with my typed text, this is sometimes a bit messy if I do want to get the type or member which starts with the text I typed.

If, e.g. I want to auto complete System after typing "Sy" I am always at AsyncCallback and have to scroll down a few times to select "System".

It could be a nice option to:
a) order the listbox content different, so that all types/members which start with what I type are at the beginning of the listbox and only after those the remaining ones are added alphabetically
b) leave alphabetic order but select the first type/member in the listbox which starts with the typed text

Both options give the more common case (at least in my opinion) priority where I know what I type and thus start with the correct letters. So that I have to use less key strokes before I can autocomplete with <tab>

Regards,
SvenC
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
John_H_Bergman Posted - Aug 17 2006 : 12:37:04 AM
Me too! This is the same type of thing I have observed. This solution would work well for me.
jpizzi Posted - Aug 16 2006 : 9:14:46 PM
I like this idea. Especially the option that does not reorder the list (just selects the "preferred" selection).

case=2114
khb Posted - Aug 16 2006 : 06:55:59 AM
I'm having the same problem. For example, if I'm typing:
  #include <win
the first suggestion I get is:
  afxwin.h
But I was heading for:
  windows.h
Regards,
Marcus.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000