Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Lastest build "sticky"

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
rittjc Posted - Aug 17 2006 : 10:20:58 AM
Didn't there used to be a sticky category that linked to the lasted build download? I am no longer sure how to find the latest when it is suggested that I upgrade to it.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Aug 22 2006 : 11:52:46 AM
Good point.

We updated the description of our announcements forum.
jasonshortphd Posted - Aug 22 2006 : 08:19:17 AM
That didn't make sense to me. Annoucements usually does not include BETA information. Announcements are for releases, etc (to me).
I actually never looked there thinking that it was for release information. I always looking in the BETA forum for BETA information (silly me). You might want to change the text below the annoucements to not read "general annoucements about builds" to "beta build announcements". That would make more sense.
feline Posted - Aug 19 2006 : 10:35:52 AM
for me, looking at the home page of the forum, the announcements section is the very first section i see, since it is at the top of the list. personally this is where i would expect to see details of new builds, etc, since that is what announcements sounds like to me.

different people look at things differently though, so what makes sense to me may seem quite odd to someone else. hopefully this new system will not cause to much confusion.
rittjc Posted - Aug 17 2006 : 10:31:23 PM
Ok, I understand. The problem is then, it is very non-intuitive to find it. You have to go hunt for it. And by the next time you use it you will have forgotten where you found it before. I don't know if you desire it to be that way to prevent average users from accidentally downloading it, but you might have made it a bit too obscure. JMHO
rhummer Posted - Aug 17 2006 : 11:54:24 AM
The first non-sticky post will be a link to the latest stable/beta build. We created a new form to remove the clutter from the other two and make finding builds easier with a whole form for builds.
rittjc Posted - Aug 17 2006 : 11:26:29 AM
Yes, I found that. But it seems like it used to be a sticky category on the beta forum.
bugfix Posted - Aug 17 2006 : 11:16:37 AM
Did you notice: http://www.wholetomato.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=18 ?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000