Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Extract method and many other problems[1532]

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
wanzi Posted - Aug 18 2006 : 03:56:24 AM
Extract method doesn't handle c++ namespace well

void foo()
{
    std::string str;

{
         str = "HELLO";
    }
}

When trying to extract the code in the inner block, the resulting new function looks like:
void MyMethod(std.string str)
Should have been std::string

Document Method
In the Document Method entry of the Autotext, no matter howmany spaces or tabs I put in front of a line, it still appears as it were without them.
In the autotext:

/**
    /param (Note the spaces at the beginning of the line)
*/

But in the code:

/**
/param (The spaces are gone)
*/

Yet another "." "->" problem
For any class that overloads -> or * in order to mimic raw pointers:
boost::share_ptr<std::string> ptr;
If VA is diabled.(get info from intellisense)
type "ptr." :

If VA is enabled:
It gives lots of redundant information(symbols from string class AND itself(share_ptr))

And also for iterator:
given the declaration of Klass:

struct Klass
{
void Kill();
int i;
};

"it->" as well as "(*it)." do not show and recognize symbols from Klass, instead they incorrectly show the symbols from itself(iterator). (once againd intellisense correctly recognizes and shows the symbols)

Autocompletion gives not-the-best suggestion:
When trying to type "vector", eventhough the whole name is given, the correct(best) one is still not the first entry:

The problem is even worse for string, as there are multiple pages for symblos that contain "string" sub-string.(This seems to be a new problem from build 1532)
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - Aug 20 2006 : 12:53:11 AM
document method formatting is case=2159.

And I think the last item (not-the-best suggestion) is case=2052.
feline Posted - Aug 19 2006 : 4:37:24 PM
i have added a case for the iterator problem

case=2158

as a partial workaround, are you mainly scanning your collections? i use collections (effectively std::vector) all of the time in my code, and normally scan across them with a for loop. i have not typed in a for loop in months, instead i have an autotext rule for scanning them. i use a modified form of the default autotext for "forr", something like:

for(std::vector<$list_of$>::const_iterator it = $variable$.begin(); it != $variable$.end(); ++it)
{
    const $list_of$ &record = *it;
    $end$
}

this saves on typing, and it generates me a reference to both save de-referencing the iterator and to make debugging easier. i can simply hover over "record" when debugging to see what is going on, which does not work with the iterator.
jpizzi Posted - Aug 19 2006 : 02:10:13 AM
OK.

Extract method: Known problem - case=1483

Document method: This is due to the IDE automatically formatting pasted text.

"." to "->" problem: This one is hard to resolve. The fact is that "." is valid, although unlikely, in that context.

Autocomplete: I believe this will be fixed by the feature requested here: http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5130

The iterator problem has been an off and on problem for quite a while. I am not sure the current status (obviously, on).

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000