Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 squares while typing

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
eco Posted - Aug 23 2006 : 08:32:05 AM
while typing, if I go very fast this appear for few seconds

VA_X.dll file version 10.3.1531.0 built 2006.08.04
Licensed to:
VA X: [email protected] (12-user license) Support ends 2006.09.21
VAOpsWin.dll version 1.3.3.6
VATE.dll version 1.0.5.8
DevEnv.exe version 8.0.50727.42
msenv.dll version 8.0.50727.42
Font: Courier New 13(Pixels)
Comctl32.dll version 6.0.2900.2180
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2
2 processors

Platform: Custom
Stable Includes:
c:\\program files\\microsoft visual studio 8\\vc\\platformsdk\\include;

Library Includes:
c:\\program files\\microsoft visual studio .net 2003\\sdk\\v1.1\\include;

Other Includes:
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
thruska Posted - Aug 23 2006 : 12:59:39 PM
Ah. So VS.NET 2005 still has that problem. Now I'm glad I didn't upgrade (still using VS.NET 2003). This is what I refer to as the UNICODE confusion bug. Essentially, when I mouse over a line, occasionally Intellisense goes completely haywire and the entire line displays random UNICODE characters (on my machine, typically Chinese or Korean characters). Instead of displaying a tooltip, Intellisense affects the currently displayed line in the IDE. This bug has absolutely nothing to do with VAX even though it shows up more often with VAX enabled. The only thing to do is go grab a cup of coffee or work on a different line (being careful to keep the mouse out of the IDE) and wait for Intellisense to straighten back up (the IDE periodically refreshes itself). It helps if you can remember what you planned on typing into the current line - Intellisense fixes itself a lot faster if you can finish the correction you were making to the current line (the IDE is displaying the wrong text but _internally_ the text is fine and the changes you make will hold just fine).

Sometimes Intellisense gets so confused that tooltips start displaying jibberish. This usually happens shortly after a number of the UNICODE confusion bugs occur. At which point, the IDE itself runs the risk of crashing. Saving work and exiting is the smart decision. Be sure to delete the .ncb file before opening up the solution file again because Intellisense has pretty much hosed its own database in the process.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000