Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 1532: MFC CRect members show wrong colors

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
thruska Posted - Aug 24 2006 : 3:14:41 PM
I've noticed throughout my use of VAX (pre-VAX builds too), the wrong colors are shown for the CRect class from MFC:

CRect ClipRegionRect;
CurrDC.GetClipBox(ClipRegionRect);
CurrDC.BitBlt(ClipRegionRect.left, ClipRegionRect.top, ClipRegionRect.Width(), ClipRegionRect.Height(), &MemDC, ClipRegionRect.left, ClipRegionRect.top, SRCCOPY);

With the default colors for enhanced syntax highlighting enabled:
Both 'left' CRect member variables displays in 'blue'.
Both 'top' CRect member variables displays in 'brown'.
The Width() and Height() methods display in 'gray'.
I have tooltip syntax coloring enabled and the tooltips are also sort of messed up (the coloring is nice but I don't expect it to be correct).

CRect is the only case I've run into where this happens. It doesn't appear to affect anything or cause problems making this a cool but really weird bug.

This issue is minor. From my perspective, this is a low-priority fix.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Sep 01 2006 : 4:28:34 PM
i am seeing the same thing, having set up this test. this appears to have a different cause, even though the final result is similar

case=660
thruska Posted - Aug 28 2006 : 4:47:21 PM
I just ran into this scenario again a few minutes ago but not with RECT. I have a class called Time. I have another class that has a method called Time with zero parameters. When I write the method Time() in my code, it turns 'blue'. It should be 'brown'. This additional information might be helpful to create a reproduceable scenario that is simpler to debug.
feline Posted - Aug 26 2006 : 7:01:13 PM
there is a very similar effect with the structure RECT

case=822

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000