Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VAX 1532: OFiW errors

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Uniwares Posted - Aug 28 2006 : 7:03:53 PM
VS2005, C#

Having some SQL query windows open, VAX shows in the OFiW dialog pretty weird entries (like "//DataExplorer/Query0", or "mssql://machine\\someweirdchars\\...")
Those entries do not open anything when selected.

Also showing up are entries which are in the %temp% folder: those are entries which have appended "[from metadata]" are are class definition files for the .Net classes (e.g.: C:\\temp\\3348$System.Data.dll$v2.0.50727\\System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.cs)
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Oct 30 2006 : 12:34:33 AM
Case 2945 fixed in build 1540.
feline Posted - Oct 12 2006 : 07:38:22 AM
from this thread: http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5434

VA does look in the temp dir because VS sometimes put generated header files there.

this explains why VA is watching the %temp% directory, but not why there were cs files in there.
Uniwares Posted - Oct 10 2006 : 5:10:34 PM
Definitely no idea what might have triggered the %TEMP% files, besides using the classes shown.
feline Posted - Oct 10 2006 : 5:02:04 PM
apologies for the long delay, I have been swamped.

I was not aware you could do that with the IDE. I can reproduce the inactive entires for the SQL connections in the OFIW dialog, but so far no sing of any entries in the %temp% folder.

Do you have any idea what you may have been doing to trigger those entries?

case=2945

As a side note I see that this is a close relative of the Microsoft SQL server interface program, which also insists on re-writing my SQL every time I execute a query
Uniwares Posted - Sep 02 2006 : 12:38:57 PM
ok, open the server explorer (if i am not mistaken, this feature exists in all versions)- its in the View menu, click on "Connect to databse" and create a connection to whatever database you have available, then open the connection, right click on a table and select "Open table" or "New query"
feline Posted - Sep 02 2006 : 10:05:39 AM
i am not familiar with SQL query windows in the IDE. using VS2005 professional the closest i can find was:

IDE tools menu -> connect to database -> Microsoft access database file

using this i selected the file "C:\\Inetpub\\iissamples\\sdk\\asp\\database\\Authors.mdb" and was able to connect, but so far i am not finding anything that looks like a SQL query window. am i overlooking something obvious? or is this likely to be a feature that only exists in VS2005 team edition?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000