Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VAX 1532: cross file modifications

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Uniwares Posted - Aug 28 2006 : 10:44:29 PM
VS2003, C++

I remember that we had this issue already some long time ago...

While commenting a selection (reminds me also of the recent problem with regions) with // in a checked-in file, VS asked to check out the file, VAX commented the lines nicely. Switched to another file, also checked-in, selected some lines pressed / and ... nothing.
Irritated i switched to the previous file and there it was - the change that should have been done in the other file. The selected text from file2 was inserted with the // into file1.

ouch...
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Sep 04 2006 : 5:37:06 PM
i am off to setup a test system and see if i can make this happen.
beef Posted - Sep 04 2006 : 04:49:54 AM
I can confirm this issue - it is very frustrating. It happened 2 or 3 times when I was doing a massive re-factoring, leaving me with the messy code with no way to step back (undo buffer was overwritten, files were saved etc - you now, it is easy to miss such an error when you do lots of small changes at the same time :). I was just about to report this. I am using VSS too.
Uniwares Posted - Sep 02 2006 : 1:57:40 PM
Could not avoid it, sorry

I'm using VSS (yes, i never had any troubles with it, its just a matter of setting it up correctly)
feline Posted - Sep 02 2006 : 12:57:41 PM
*doh* that is nasty!

what are you using for source control? it is possible this is a factor, especially since the IDE seems to know that the checked in file cannot be modified. this reminds me of a recent thread about VA failing to modify files that were marked as read only by the source control system.
Uniwares Posted - Aug 29 2006 : 09:03:04 AM
According to the topic title: VAX 1532
jpizzi Posted - Aug 29 2006 : 02:01:59 AM
VAX version?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000