Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 1533:ToolTips with _RecordsetPtr

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
XChicken Posted - Aug 28 2006 : 11:24:56 PM
when i use _RecordsetPtr/_ConnectionPtr, I can't see the tips of the functions
eg:_RecordsetPtr pRs = NULL;
while(!pRs->GetADOEof)
{
UINT uFp[0] = CUtil::VarToUint(pRs->GetCollect(_variant_t("fp0"))); // CUtil Is a custom class
}

I can't see the tips of GetADOEof/GetCollect,but when u close VA,u can see the default tips is
<<_variant_t ADO15::Recordset15::GetCollect(const _variant_t & Index)>>,the same situations always in _ConnectionPtr.
when u use COM, VA always recognize it as an error,so it can't show any tips of it any more.
Maybe ur guys could make it better ^o^
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Sep 05 2006 : 5:30:15 PM
i changed the while() statement in the origional code to read:

while(!pRs->GetadoEOF())

when hovering the mouse over the two functions you mention i get tooltips straight away, like this:

again this is using C++, VS2003 and VA 1534

are these the tooltips you are missing? do you get tooltips when hovering over other functions?
XChicken Posted - Sep 03 2006 : 9:45:58 PM
what I mean is the COM function of GetADOEof() and GetCollect(), If I want to see there QUICK INFO, I had to press the hot key.
I can't use it only by moving the mouse pointing to the function name. : )

Such situations always happen only in using COM, If I close VA or press hotkey first,I could see their tips, but when I use VA, I have to press the hotkey first or close VA to see their tips.
eg:

ITelnetToolPtr pTelnet = NULL; // ITelnetToolPtr is a custom interface
pTelnet->OpenTelnet(_bstr_t(strIp), ((CMainFrame*)theApp.m_pMainWnd)->m_nTelnetTimeout, _bstr_t("ogin:"));

when I point to the function name =>OpenTelnet, I can't see the tips

^o^ I don't know If I say it clearly?
feline Posted - Sep 02 2006 : 11:52:20 AM
i don't understand what you are talking about here. using VS2003, VA 1533 and C++ i have placed this code into a cpp file. placing the caret inside the string "fp0" and pressing CTRL-SPACE to get the tooltip showing the parameters works perfectly for me:

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000