Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 New files not added to OFIW dialog?

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
wesbigelow Posted - Aug 29 2006 : 1:59:01 PM
In VS6, whenever I add a new file to the project, it won't show up in the Open File in Workspace dialog. It will correctly show up however if I close down Visual Studio and reopen the workspace.

It would be nice to have any new file added to a project available in the OFIW dialog, and indeed, any file that happens to be open in Visual Studio (even if not part of the project or workspace) to be added to the OFIW dialog for easy access.

Running VAX Build 1533, on VS6 SP5.

Thank you much!
Wes
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Oct 06 2006 : 7:54:11 PM
Case 2438 is fixed in 1538.
sean Posted - Sep 13 2006 : 11:45:00 PM
There is a bug in the handling of added/removed files in multi-project vc6 workspaces (case=2438). We had anticipated fixing this for 1535 but it's going to slip to 1536. If you are using vc6 and use multi-project workspaces we advise DISABLING the "watch for externally modified files" option until build 1536. Project modifications will not be picked up until they are reopened when this is disabled (externally modified source and header files will not be parsed until opened in the IDE).
rhummer Posted - Sep 13 2006 : 09:01:32 AM
Do you have the option Sean has stated turn on? You need to have that on in VC6 http://www.wholetomato.com/products/features/fiw.asp the bottom of the page has more information.
d_p_robinson Posted - Sep 13 2006 : 05:05:12 AM
I've got the same problem on build 1534 with VC6. I've added new files to the workspace and saved it. When I open the file from the VC6 class or file browser the navigation bar is populated. I added a .cpp file to the workspace for which the .h file had already been parsed as an included header. However ALT-G on a method in the header fails to open the .cpp file and the .cpp and .h file do not appear in the OFIW list. ALT-O switches to the corresponding .cpp file from the header.
sean Posted - Sep 06 2006 : 2:59:54 PM
In addition to doing a save all, make sure that "watch for externally modified files" (VA|text editor|c/c++) is enabled.
jpizzi Posted - Aug 30 2006 : 12:07:30 AM
First: Did you try saving all files? This would also save the project/workspace files, and that might make a difference.

Second: I disagree that files that are not in the workspace should show up in "Open Files In Workspace".

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000