Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 surrounding curly brackets

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dodudo7 Posted - Sep 03 2006 : 2:06:26 PM
I observed that in latest 15xx versions when adding surrounding brackets around a few selected lines of code the position of the brackets is not as I would expect. Usually I surround code with curly brackets in order to add some condition before the selected lines.

9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Apr 10 2008 : 01:28:39 AM
case=1521 is fixed in build 1632
sean Posted - Dec 19 2006 : 9:04:22 PM
case=1794 is fixed in build 1543
kurt Posted - Sep 05 2006 : 8:00:56 PM
Reported in forum topic 4983.
http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4983
feline Posted - Sep 05 2006 : 4:28:15 PM
it looks like

case=1794

covers this then.
dodudo7 Posted - Sep 05 2006 : 07:37:24 AM
Most of our source code is compiled also on Unix, so yes, the files have Unix line endings.
Just for the testing, I converted one of the files to DOS line ending and I got the same result as you described in your previous post, downward selection is surrounded OK, but not the upward.
feline Posted - Sep 04 2006 : 5:47:07 PM
does this happen in all files, or only some?

do your files have windows, UNIX or Mac line endings? file menu -> advanced save options may give you a clue if you are not sure.
dodudo7 Posted - Sep 04 2006 : 05:57:38 AM
Indeed, I'm using VS2003, sorry for not mentioning that.
This happens to me, no matter if I start the selection at top and move downwards or start at the bottom and move upward.

In some occasions, I see that the closing bracket is appended to the last selected line instead of being inserted in a new line.
Interestingly, sometimes, if I Ctrl-Z after a pair of brackets is incorrectly placed, and I try again, now the brackets will be placed correctly.
jpizzi Posted - Sep 04 2006 : 12:14:08 AM
There is also a known issue (case=1794) with the "surround selection with..." feature in combination with Unix line endings.
feline Posted - Sep 03 2006 : 4:56:13 PM
i can get something similar using VS2003, C++ and VA 1534, but not quite the same. for me it only happens if i select the text by starting at the bottom and using the keyboard, holding down shift while i press the up arrow.

if i select text by starting at the top and moving downwards this does not happen.

case=1521

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000