Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 'Surround selection' removes bookmark

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hoiby Posted - Sep 09 2006 : 06:11:40 AM
when you select one or several 'bookmarked' lines (blue balloon in the left margin),
and you 'surround' this selection by pressing *,/,{ or (
then the blue balloons are removed but they continue to be listed
in the "Goto bookmark" list (popup menu in left margin).

After that, if you try to add a bookmark by pressing shift-F2 on these lines, the blue balloon appears but the bookmark disappears in the "Goto bookmark" list.
(BUG dectected on version 10.3.1534 and previous, with visual studio 6)

7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - May 26 2007 : 11:00:16 AM
Apologies for the delay over this, I have bumped it again for you.
hoiby Posted - May 26 2007 : 03:53:57 AM
I come back, five months later.
Can you bump my bug a little more ? :)

(I've replace my flash movie by an gif animation)

feline Posted - Dec 12 2006 : 3:16:29 PM
Case=2446 is still in the list of bugs to fix, unfortunately we have quite a few outstanding bugs to fix. I have bumped the priority of this bug, hopefully that will help.
hoiby Posted - Dec 12 2006 : 04:32:30 AM
Here is a flash movie to show what happens with the unnamed bookmarks when surrounding.
http://www.dr-hoiby.com/BookmarkProblems.html
feline Posted - Sep 11 2006 : 7:36:40 PM
now i know what to look for i am seeing the same thing. i don't spend much time in VC6, so i was not that familiar with how its bookmarks worked. i have updated the case with this.
hoiby Posted - Sep 11 2006 : 04:43:31 AM
I'm sorry. I wrote "shift-F2" in place of "ctrl-F2" to insert the unnamed bookmark.
I talk about unnamed bookmarks. These bookmarks are visible with a blue mark in the selection margin.
If I sourround these lines, the blue marks disappear.
But in the popup menu "GoTo bookmark", the unnamed bookmarks remain (I don't talk about the named bookmark dialog (ALT-F2), but of the contextual menu
accessible by a right click on the selection margin).

feline Posted - Sep 09 2006 : 6:06:57 PM
i am seeing unnamed bookmarks i add with CTRL-F2 removed.

case=2446

your reference to SHIFT-F2 confuses me though. for me when i add a bookmark with CTRL-F2 it places the blue mark in the selection margin, but it does not show up in the bookmarks dialog. because it never appeared there it is not still listed after i did the surround with.

something odd seemed to be happening with named bookmarks, but they were not disappearing for me. is there some option i should turn on to see unnamed bookmarks in this dialog?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000