Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Visual Studio hangs on file delete

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
grandchain Posted - Sep 12 2006 : 10:34:37 AM
Hi,

When I select a file in the solution explorer, hit delete and choose Delete instead of Remove, Visual Studio hangs and I have to kill it. When I restart, the file has been removed from the project but still exists on disk. If I choose Remove all is fine.

This used to be fine, and has only started happening since I installed 1534.

Visual Studio 2005 (8.0.50727.42), VA.X 10.3.1534.0.

Any ideas?

Ian
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
grandchain Posted - Sep 18 2006 : 07:19:01 AM
> you say the problem only happened after installing VA 1534, did you have an earlier version of VA installed before? or did you not use VA before on this machine?

I had an earlier version (1446).

However, as I said, I can't reproduce it now...

Cheers,

Ian
feline Posted - Sep 17 2006 : 2:20:59 PM
you say the problem only happened after installing VA 1534, did you have an earlier version of VA installed before? or did you not use VA before on this machine?
bugfix Posted - Sep 15 2006 : 2:05:56 PM
Just a wild guess but it might be caused by TSVNCache.exe.
grandchain Posted - Sep 15 2006 : 10:19:24 AM
Hi,

I got it with a .cpp file and a .h file. I have TortoiseSVN, but I did before as well (when I wasn't seeing the problem).

Hmmm. Curiouser and curiouser. I'm not seeing it any more (but I have since installed AnkhSVN).

Cheers,

Ian
jpizzi Posted - Sep 13 2006 : 12:33:18 AM
This is working for me. Is it possible there is something else at work here? Version control, maybe? What language, or does it not matter?
grandchain Posted - Sep 12 2006 : 10:39:38 AM
It looks like the files don't get removed from the project. Originally I just added the files and then deleted them and obviously hadn't saved the project. When I try it now, saving the project after creating the file, then trying to delete the file, the file is still in the project when I restart Visual Studio.

Cheers,

Ian

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000