Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 non-C++ files lock when put in second vertical tab

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bearhart Posted - Sep 13 2006 : 4:49:40 PM
I've been having trouble with non-C++ files in visual studio. Specifically, I load them up and then right click on their tab and select "New Vertical Tab Group". My file will show up on the second pane alright but as soon as I click iinside the source file VS hangs within a second or two.

Disabling VA-X causes the problem to stop.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - Sep 14 2006 : 12:46:31 AM
If you are easily able to reproduce this, can you please try with logging enabled?

http://www.wholetomato.com/support/faq.asp#log
rhummer Posted - Sep 13 2006 : 8:21:30 PM
Hm, I'll try it on my dual core, dual monitor machine at home and follow up..

No luck, with this, I opened some simple text files of varing sizes and things worked fine here..
bearhart Posted - Sep 13 2006 : 7:44:19 PM
Also, my machine is dual-monitor dual-core and I have visual studio stretched across both monitors. I have a second machine that is single-monitor single-core that does not exhibit these problems. The problem free machine is running 1446.
bearhart Posted - Sep 13 2006 : 6:08:03 PM
today it was a file with the .vp1 extension. its contents were shader assembly a-la ARB VP1. The other day it was happening with a file with the .idl extension (but was a different IDL than MS's).

Both are basic text files.

rhummer Posted - Sep 13 2006 : 5:17:31 PM
What kind of 'non-c++' files is it a specific type of file or any .txt, .html, .whatever file?
bearhart Posted - Sep 13 2006 : 4:50:40 PM
Oh yea - I'm using 2005 with VAX 1534.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000