Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VAX 1534: Rename weirdness

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Uniwares Posted - Sep 13 2006 : 8:35:09 PM

What the heck is the "const -->tstring" in the list? It points to the same line as the one without the --> in the list.

This is shown pretty often, for various types.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Oct 29 2007 : 01:50:29 AM
case=2706 is implemented in Build 1614
feline Posted - Oct 09 2006 : 6:16:08 PM
the "-->" was originally inserted for ease, to avoid the problems with colouring. changing to some form of highlighting would be nice though.

case=2706
Uniwares Posted - Sep 14 2006 : 08:16:29 AM
Actually anything would be much clearer, make it bold for example - which would work even for single entries. Yes I know that would require another hack in the syntax coloring system, which is probably why you have chosen to change the text instead.
khb Posted - Sep 14 2006 : 02:28:32 AM
This also confused me some times. Why do you add a "-->" in the code line itself? And why is it only done for the second item if there are two at all? As already been said, this is not very intuitive. IMHO, some sort of underlining the items would make this much clearer.

Regards,
Marcus.
rhummer Posted - Sep 13 2006 : 8:55:15 PM
It was reported as a bug a few times during the private betas, since it never used to show teh '-->' so if you weren't careful you would think it was duplicate entries ;)

Kind of a hard one to solve to fit everyones opinion on it ;)
Uniwares Posted - Sep 13 2006 : 8:44:52 PM
Doh. I see. That was somehow very unintuitive to me. More confusing than helping. I would understand when it would mark both the same way, to show there are more than once reference and indicate which one it means.
rhummer Posted - Sep 13 2006 : 8:42:26 PM
If one line of code contains multiple entries of the item you are searching for it puts the line of code as an entry for every time it is found, and each entry gets the '-->' string pointing it out.

Snippet from:
http://www.wholetomato.com/products/features/findReferences.asp
quote:
Multiple references on a single line in your source appear in multiple entries in the results window. References to your symbol, beyond the first on a line, appear prefixed with --> to make the entries more visible.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000